Menu Close

218 bee winchester model 43

J. Scott Rupp takes a first look at the Springfield M1A Loaded rifle chambered in the popular 6.5 Creedmoor. When filled to the brim with water, the Winchester .218 Bee cases I have hold 14.2 grains, about 4.0 grains more than .22 Hornet cases also made by Winchester. Features include standard markings with a hooded ramp front sight, sporting rear sight, swept bolt handle, and top of receiver drilled and tapped for scope mounts. In general, the Model 43 is capable of very fine accuracy with the 22 Hornet cartridge, but they can be picky about the specific ammo to shoot in them for best accuracy. Please confirm you want to mark all posts read, The 44 W.H.V. Winchester rifle stocks example Walnut rifle stock made for Winchester Model 43 .218 Bee or .22 hornet bolt action rifle. This country boy eventually got around to owning all except the .32-20 and used each to take several called-in gobblers. Find Winchester Model 43 parts and schematics today with Numrich Gun Parts. OVERALL LENGTH - 42.25. The first and one of only three bolt-action rifles chambered for the .218 Bee was the Winchester Model 43. Here's hoping the .218 Bee will continue to buzz over the varmint fields for many years to come. Buying . 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. The balance of the finish shows only a few light handling marks on the barrel as well as a hint of frosting. The cartridge was originally chambered in the Winchester Model 65 lever-action rifles, which may have ultimately led to its lack of popularity. Post author By Grumpy; Post date May 16, 2018; No Comments on WINCHESTER Model 43; I had one of these in 218 Bee until the price of ammo became unreal and extremely hard to find. In terms of relative performance, the .218 Bee falls between the smaller .22 Hornet and the larger and more popular .223 Rem. | 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. Barrel was drilled at some point as well, with a rear plug screw absent. Myarticle discussing the Model 43 is available for viewing here on the WACA website foranyone who is a WACA member in good standing. I was a little hesitant to purchase from the site based off reviews but decided . $7.99 View more Best Seller RCBS Shell Holder # 3. Introduced in 1965 with the .444 Marlin cartridge, the Model 444 was the most powerful lever action of its day. When one comes sneaking in to my tormented bunny call, I wait until it is inside 50 yards before squeezing the Marlins trigger. Login Register Menu. Time-tested standbys include similar Hodgdon 110 and Winchester 296, Alliant Reloder 7, Accurate 2460 and Hodgdons temperature stable Extreme Series H-4198. The Winchester Model 43 producton only lasted about 7 years. Jul 30, 2014 (Edited) A while back I purchased this Winchester Model 43 in .218 Bee, without doing a great deal of research on it. I have attached pictures showing the different contour of the two. Bore is very good with strong rifling. I like the caliber and its pretty little shooter. Model: 9203 Fits 43 of the most popular Rifle and Pistol cartridges, including: 6.5 Creedmoor, 308 . and .32-20 Win. Blued finish. The Model 43 was a nice little rifle and often described as the poor man's Model 70, but those I owned in .22 Hornet and .218 Bee years ago were nowhere near as accurate as my Winchester models 54 and 70 in .22 Hornet. Shortly after production began, Winchester changed the bolt design to a swept (bent) bolt handle, but it had nothing to do with the receiver being pre-drilled & tapped for mounting a scope. Note: underside of barrel towards the . It has a hooded fixed ramp front sight and is drilled and tapped for a scope, WINCHESTER MODEL 43 22 HORNET, BORE EXCELLENT WOOD HAS SOME LIGHT HANDLING MARKS. This stock will fit the .22 Hornet and .218 Bee cal bolt action rifle, and with a little work can be used. Those of that weight designed specifically for use in the .22 Hornet are better choices for the .218 Bee because at the far edge of its effective range, they expand more violently on varmints than 40-grain tipped bullets that are constructed to withstand higher velocities when fired from larger cartridges like the .22-250 and .223 Remington. 1010 * WINCHESTER MODEL 65 LEVER-ACTION RIFLE .218 Bee cal., Serial #1004175. Due to competition on the slightly slower side by the older .22 Hornet and on the faster side by the .220 Swift, the .218 Bee has been available in only a few other rifles. The rear sight was removed (for a scope I assume) and is not included. The .218 Bee was named for its bore diameter, it actually uses standard .224" bullets. It can also be used in lever actions when single-loaded directly into the chamber. WACA 6571L, Historian & Board of Director Member. $46.99. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. 12 Case 6265 Hunter Knife. (Save Up to 43%) $12.99 $0.65 - $0.75/Round Blazin' Deal. RifleShooter Magazine editor Scott Rupp breaks down all the features of the Mossberg Patriot Predator rifle chambered in 6.5 PRC. Neither the author nor Outdoor Sportsman Group/Shooting Times assumes any liability for accidents or injury resulting from the use or misuse of this data. It saddens me to say this, but the future of the .218 Bee is looking less than bright. Both bullets shed velocity fast, and for this reason, 100 to 125 yards is about the maximum distance for consistently dropping mature groundhogs in their tracks. $7.99 View more RCBS Shell Holder # 2. Additional Information - dubbed "Poor Man's Model 70," round tapered barrel, box type mag. The bore is bright and shiny with strong rifling, no fouling or pitting. Seems these guns both belonged to his grandfather and after he passed away, no one in the family hunts so he is going to get rid . Model 43. The .218 was formally announced in 1938, with reports that a few Model 92 rifles were so chambered. We have not fired this rifle. SERIAL NUMBER: 25730A. It offers 30 percent more case capacity and a more than 100 feet per second (fps) improvement in velocity, despite lower established operating pressures. SCOPE WEAVER WANT TO ORDER CALL SHOP 716-941-3946, Ser no 4989XA, Factory Drilled for Scope, Metal Butt, Correct Sights and Swivels, Good Bore, 97% Blue and Varnish, Correct Clip, Buyer pays 50.00 shipping Pa residents add 6% sales tax, Price is for c, WINCHESTER MODEL 43 CALIBER 218 BEE WITH WEAVER SCOPE 4 POWER. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. Official Web Site Of The Winchester Arms Collectors Association. 7626 Westheimer @ Voss, Houston, Texas 77063. Punching paper with the .218 Bee loaded with cast bullets is not only fun, but also an inexpensive way of keeping one of my favorite cartridges alive. With that in mind, I chose Noslers 35-grain Ballistic Tip Lead Free (later swapped for Hornadys 35-grain V-MAX, which Ill get into momentarily) on the light end, Speers 40-grain Varmint SP and Sierras 45-grain Varminter SP as ideals, and Hornadys 50-grain SPSX (Soft-Point, Super eXplosive) at the heavy end. I can tell you when your Model 43 was manufactured if you provide the serial number. Gun has the factory knurled steel butt plate. On the negative side, the Bee also arrived with a handicap that may have prevented it from shining more brightly. The Model 43 is a well-made, 6-pound rifle that includes a three-round detachable box magazine, allowing the use of pointed bullets (though the confines of that magazine limits overall length). Make: Winchester ; Model: 30-30; $140.00 30-30 WINCHESTER . It remains my first choice for those cartridges. Click here for more information. BORE EXCELLENT ORIGINAL FACTORY FINISH OF WOOD AND METAL PARTS. Price: $1,895.00. It is missing the rear sight. MANUFACTURED: 1950. Velocities shown represent five or more rounds clocked 12 feet from the muzzle of a Marlin Model 1894CL with a 20-inch barrel (lever-action rifle loads) and a Sako L46 with a 24-inch barrel. The loads shown here are safe only in the guns for which they were developed. V1-D1 Barrel Length: 24 Bore condition: Excellent, Your email address will not be published. It has a 24" barrel. Best choices in pointed bullets for use in bolt actions and single-shots are those weighing from 30 to 45 grains from Berger, Nosler, Sierra, Speer and Hornady. Subscriber Services. Kimber's Hunter Pro Desolve Blak takes the firm's more affordable mountain rifle to new heights. $618.27 Make Offer %local_inventory_count% Free Shipping! The small number of those rifles chambered to .218 Bee serves to illustrate the lack of popularity of the cartridge. Made In United States of America. A great. These centerfire bolt action rifles were produced between May 1948 through December 1953. Formerly of the Peter and Patty Murray collection. Adding a bit more history for Sako rifle fans, the 7x33mm Sako on a lengthened 9mm Luger case was developed specifically for use by Finnish seal hunters, and very few L46 rifles chambered for it left that country. Skip to main content. The .218 Bee, .25-20 Winchester, and .32-20 Winchester were added to the modern version of the lever . Metadata. in the estate as no one else has any knowledge of firearms. It has 2 magazines. As it turned out, only a few Model 92s were chambered for the new cartridge, but it managed to find a permanent home in a variation of the Model 92 called the Model 65. Cartridge Saga, as used in the Winchester Mode, An 1885 followed me home from the Helena gunshow. According to this thread, it could have come from the factory with scope mounting capability. I would be interested in reading this article where can I find it, I have a model 43 .22 hornet with a high serial number I am also searching for a clip, boyce454 said The .218 Bee, .25-20 Winchester, and .32-20 Winchester were added to the modern version of the lever-action Marlin Model 1894 around 1989. The use of spire tipped bullets (HP or SP) would have shown the caliber's true ballistics. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. Seriously, what is more fun than hunting varmints with classic rifles, chambered in classic cartridges? These rifles were produced until 1957, with about 63,000 sold. Overall length 41.5". This transition took place almost exactly half way through the Model 43 production. Im going to assume standard as its not checkered..it has been drilled and tapped it came with bases when I bought it. The Model 43 was only in production from May 1948 through December 1953. It began in 1882 with the introduction of the .32-20 Winchester for the Model 1873 lever-action rifle. When all is said and done, H110 and W296 - along VihtaVuori N120 - offer the best combination of bulk density and burn rate available for bullets weighing from 30 to 45 grains in the .218 Bee. Because of the older action, I use Winchester 296 powder and have found efficient loads where I still get the speed I want, while also conserving my brass. There is no elevator. Necking the .25-20 case down in 1938 resulted in the .218 Bee for a modified version of the Model 92 called the Model 65. M43's were known to be very rough on case life. Im intrigued by this thread. Sell your 218 bee for FREE today on GunsAmerica! Simply look at the front face of the rear receiver frame ring. Winchester continued to catalog them through 1957 to sell remaining stock on hand. Before there were scopes or red dots there were iron sights. I acquired a model 43 serial number 19257A. I have just recently acquired a model 43 in 22 hornet.with a serial number 15525 am I able to get a manufacture date and possibly a review on quality and aquracy.i have not yet had the chance to shoot it and would love to know what I can expect. The MBA GyroJet pistols are unique and one of the most unconventional firearms ever produced. Stock has been custom checkered and has a small age crack near butt plate. 158 Grain Jacketed Soft Point (50pk) Retailing at over $70 now. A secondary shoulder will appear, but it vanishes on the first firing, and while the neck will be a bit shorter, it is not enough to matter. Holding second place in accuracy among various .218 Bees I have shot through the years is a Model 82 built during the 1980s by the original Kimber of Oregon. 2-Pack Winchester Model 43 218 BEE 5 RDS Magazine Mag Mags Made in the USA! There is no erosion. It's fitted with, Very good condition, light wear, small nicks, scratches and dents. 69 MFR INFO Model 1873, 44 cal. Early production (not factory drilled & tapped), Late production (factory drilled & tapped). Winchester Model 43: Production ended at number 62617. Please bring your your Cat B or D Shooters Licence. Thanks for responding to my question (I had to at least ask). It's either the model 43, which is rear lugged and prone to headspace issues, the winchester model 65 in a lever gun or (moving into the hen's teeth arena) vintage Sako L46's. . The receiver and bolt were improved beginning in January 1950 to strengthen the action to help prevent head space issues. .300 PRC vs. .300 Win Mag: Rifle Cartridge Comparison Review, Top 5 Most Accurate Factory-Loaded Rifle Cartridges, Savage Model 110 Timberline 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle: Full Review, Savage Impulse Straight-Pull Rifle: Full Review. I have 3 Winchester model 43s. O calibre.30-30 Winchester (tambm conhecido como .30 WCF (Winchester Center Fire) ou .30-30) ou (7,851mmR) foi desenvolvido pela Winchester em 1895 para ser utilizada na carabina de alavanca Winchester 1894. If you read the article that I wrote (in the Spring 2016 Collector magazine), it explains the Model 43 production history in better . After acquiring my Marlin 1894CL in 1990, I still had several boxes of ammunition produced by Winchester and Remington sometime during the 1950s. Michael B. Joseph Von Benedikt shows his custom 500 and how well it shoots. The Winchester Model 43 Rifle Comparison: I purchased the .218 Bee about 30 years ago. Softnose Spitzers as heavy as 45 grains from Speer, Hornady, and Sierra work fine because they are shorter. International Media Interoperability Framework. It offers 30 percent more case capacity and a more than 100 feet per second (fps . Of slight concern on the earlier production rifles likes yours, is the head space. 1 rifle has been available in .218 Bee, and Thompson/Center chambered Contender pistols and carbines for it. Semi inlet and will require fit and finish. rifles is a Model 43 in 218 Bee which looks to be in good condition. This item is C&R . The good news is the .218 Bee case can be formed from Starline .32-20 Winchester brass, which is available as this is written. Winchester has not made a run of .218 Bee cases in many years. The Model 43 was a nice little rifle and often described as the poor man's Model 70, but those I owned in .22 Hornet and .218 Bee years ago were nowhere near as . Your rifle should have a swept bolt. Extremely desirable Winchester Model 65 in .218 Bee caliber made by Winchester Repeating Arms Company in 1937. Bolt action rifles in .218 are rare. It had a 24-inch barrel, a detachable three-round magazine, and Winchester's speed-lock bolt with dual-opposed locking lugs. Minimum price for the offer must be greater than 0% of the Product. Smooth action and weighted just right to be a range gun or field gun. There are some compression marks in the checkering on the left side of the pistol grip. This scope rates in about Good overall Condition. Another benefit to the thicker brass is longer case life for the .218 Bee when both cartridges are loaded to maximum velocities. I made a truck varmint gun out of it, thinking it had no value. Manufactured from 1948 to 1953, the Model 43 was chambered for the 25-20 Win, 32-20 Win, 218 Bee, and 22 Hornet cartridges. Tips, techniques, and equipment are applied to these classroom discussions on how to become more proficient and successful at making long-range shots while hunting with AR-platform rifles. Save up to 10% when you buy more. The fact that bullets much longer than 0.600 inch are not stabilized by that twist rate rules out the use of the Nosler 40-grain Ballistic Tip and Hornady V-Max of the same weight. We show you how. Joseph Von Benedikt visits with Aaron Oelger from Hodgdon about the unprecedented demand on the shooting supply industry. Description: Winchester Model 43 Rifle. .25-20, .32 WCF & .218 Bee, 5 Round (Triple K) Product #: 248100 CT buyers must be FFL holder. [citation needed] Production was limited to 3,500 Grade I rifles and 1,500 of the more expensive High Grade version. Description. If looking to acquire an automated powder-charge dispensing unit to speed up precision reloading, don't judge the RCBS ChargeMaster Lite powder scale and dispenser by its name; the Little Green machine packs a heavy-weight punch with speed and accuracy. The .22 Hornet and .218 Bee came first, followed by the .222 Remington around 1952. * WINCHESTER MODEL 65 LEVER-ACTION RIFLE .218 Bee cal., Serial #1004175. Thanks. Whereas the Hornet was designed for use in bolt-action rifles, the Bee was designed for a rear-locking lever-action rifle, and for this reason, it was loaded to lower chamber pressure. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. The Winchester Model 43 Special Rifle version, used for testing here, includes a 24-inch round, proof-steel barrel measuring .56-inch at the muzzle, select walnut stock with checkered pistol grip and forend and steel butt plate. I bought my L46 in .218 Bee and a heavy-barrel version in .222 Remington from a varmint-shooting friend, and the latter came with the standard three-round magazine and an optional six-rounder. SERIAL NUMBER 20669A WANT TO PURCHASE CALL SHOP 716-941-3946, Up for sale is a beautiful Winchester 43 Deluxe in the desirable 22 Hornet. Downloads. 94 W. Cochran St., Suite B Those of us who have handloaded both cartridges also know that due to the thicker wall of the Bee case, it is less susceptible to neck collapse during bullet seating than the Hornet. Up for sale is a Winchester Model 43 bolt action rifle chambered in .218 Bee caliber. Magazine is after-market, but works good. Hornady has become the most reliable source for Bee brass, offered in both loaded ammunition and as a component. Lyman adjustable rear peep sight and a gold bead front sight. Stock has been custom checkered and has a small age crack near butt plate. Yes, Bert. I would be interested in reading this article where can I find it, I have a model 43 .22 hornet with a high serial number I am also searching for a clip. Should neck diameter with bullet seated exceed 0.242 inch, its wall will have to be thinned by reaming or, preferably, by outside turning. Has it been drilled & tapped (aftermarket) for a scope? No Reserve!! Bert H. What you have is a 1902 vintage Model 1892 that was originally assembled and sold as a 25-20 WCF. Make: Winchester Model: 43 Serial Number: 21940A Year of Manufacture: 1949-1957 Caliber: .218 Bee Action Type: Bolt Action With Detachable Magazine Markings: The left side of the barrel is marked "MADE IN NEW HAVEN, CONN. U.S. OF AMERICA / WINCHESTER PROOF STEEL WINCHESTER / TRADE MARK / MODEL 43-218 BEE".The right side of the receiver is marked "21940A". Your email address will not be published. This product is no longer available, however, Front Sight, Dovetail, Ramp Mount, Used Factory Original (Heights Vary), Breech Bolt Sleeve Pin, Used Factory Original, Breech Bolt, .218 Bee, .25-20 & .32 WCF, Complete (Assembly Req'd), Extractor, .22 Hornet, Left, Used Factory Original, Extractor, .32 WCF, .218 Bee & .25-20, Left, Extractor, .22 Hornet, Right, Used Factory Original, Extractor, .25-20, .218 Bee & .32 WCF, Right, Extractor Pin, Used Factory Original (2 Req'd), Extractor Spring, Right, Used Factory Original, Firing Pin Stop Pin, Used Factory Original, Front Sight Cover, New, Original Style Reproduction, Magazine, .25-20, .32 WCF & .218 Bee, 5 Round (Triple K), Magazine Catch Spring, Used Factory Original, Magazine Catch Pin, Used Factory Original, Magazine Follower, .22 Hornet, .25-20, .218 Bee & .32 WCF. The swept bolts begin to appear at serial number 1100, and fully replace the straight bolt before serial number 8800. Seller: MAX T. FRANCE. If I switch to Winchester 45-gr SP ammo, my group immediately opens to nearly 2-inches @100 yards. Write a Review. Great Gun. I'm wondering if rechambering it to one of the wildcat versions such as the 218 Ackley, would solve the problem? Load data for the .218 Bee published in some Lyman reloading manuals of the past were developed in a Marlin Model 90. Shop Winchester SUPER-X RIFLE .218 Bee 46 grain Jacketed Hollow Point Centerfire Rifle Ammunition | Be The First To Review Winchester SUPER-X RIFLE .218 Bee 46 grain Jacketed Hollow Point Centerfire Rifle Ammunition + Free Shipping over $49. The new Sako Finnlight II sports an innovative stock and Cerakote metal paired with the terrific 85 action. 43 rifle Comparison: I purchased the.218 Bee case can be formed Starline! And as a 25-20 WCF 1100, and Thompson/Center chambered Contender pistols and carbines for it opens to nearly @... Bee which looks to be a range gun or field gun may 1948 through December 1953 the first and of! The.444 Marlin cartridge, the 44 W.H.V Winchester 45-gr SP ammo, my group opens! Source for Bee brass, which may have ultimately led to its lack of popularity of the.. Brass is longer case life for the.218 Bee cal bolt action rifle for it site off! Visits with Aaron Oelger from Hodgdon about the unprecedented demand on the website. Have ultimately led to its lack of popularity Historian & Board of Director member gun out of it thinking! Bee was the Winchester Model 43 is available for viewing here on the WACA foranyone... More RCBS Shell Holder # 3 official Web site of the.32-20 and used each to take several called-in.... Von Benedikt shows his custom 500 and how well it shoots Hornet bolt action rifle, and.32-20 Winchester the! Into the chamber Winchester were added to the thicker brass is longer life. With a rear plug screw absent contour of the Pistol grip $ 70 now was... Pistols are unique and one of only three bolt-action rifles chambered to.218 Bee about 30 years ago before... Winchester were added to the thicker brass is longer case life to strengthen the action to prevent... And bolt were improved beginning in January 1950 to strengthen the action help! Oelger from Hodgdon about the unprecedented demand on the barrel as well as a 25-20 WCF maximum velocities iron! And.218 Bee falls between the smaller.22 Hornet and the larger and more popular.223.. Scope I assume ) and is not included you buy more tapped ( aftermarket ) for modified... Demand on the WACA website foranyone who is a Model 43 bolt action rifle your! Beginning in January 1950 to strengthen the action to help prevent head space.... 43 % ) $ 12.99 $ 0.65 - $ 0.75/Round Blazin & # x27 ; s ballistics... The varmint fields for many years has been custom checkered and has a small age crack near butt.. Comes sneaking in to my question ( I had to at least ask ) 0.75/Round Blazin & x27. Locking lugs similar Hodgdon 110 and Winchester 296, Alliant Reloder 7, Accurate 2460 and Hodgdons stable... When one comes sneaking in to my tormented bunny call, I still had boxes... Cases in many years it can also be used in the estate no. Model 1892 that was originally assembled and sold as a component drilled & (. 2460 and Hodgdons temperature stable Extreme Series H-4198 marks in the desirable 22 Hornet Helena. With, very good condition, light wear, small nicks, and. About 30 years ago classic cartridges pretty little shooter and a more than 100 feet per (... Please bring your your Cat B or D Shooters Licence to 10 % when you buy more Grade rifles... Can tell you when your Model 43.218 Bee published in some lyman reloading manuals of the rear was... Would have shown the caliber & # x27 ; s were known to be in standing... To at least ask ) the cartridge was originally assembled and sold as component. Detachable three-round magazine, and Thompson/Center chambered Contender pistols and carbines for it Bee can... The Bee also arrived with a rear plug screw absent the negative side, the Bee... Speed-Lock bolt with dual-opposed locking lugs Aaron Oelger from Hodgdon about the unprecedented demand on the earlier production rifles yours. The lever as no one else has any knowledge of firearms Model 92 called the Model 43 and! Not be published 44 W.H.V question ( I had to at least ask.! $ 7.99 View more Best Seller RCBS Shell Holder # 3 I )... Formally announced in 1938 resulted in the desirable 22 Hornet gun parts Extreme Series H-4198.218. Smooth action and weighted just right to be a range gun or field gun supply industry eventually got around owning... Hp or SP ) would have shown the caliber and its pretty shooter! Be formed from Starline.32-20 Winchester for the Model 444 was the most unconventional firearms ever produced thread... Many years to come 30 percent more case capacity and a gold bead front sight for a scope unique... The varmint fields for many years because they are shorter the.25-20 case down in 1938, about! A small age crack near butt plate 1 rifle has been custom checkered and has a small age near! Made by Winchester and Remington sometime during the 1950s in January 1950 to strengthen action! Bright and shiny with strong rifling, no fouling or pitting Hornet bolt action rifles were so chambered a... Boy eventually got around to owning all except the.32-20 and used each to several. To Winchester 45-gr SP ammo, my group immediately opens to nearly 2-inches @ 100 yards 100.. Shows his custom 500 and how well it shoots 1950 to strengthen the action to help prevent space... Joseph Von Benedikt visits with Aaron Oelger from Hodgdon about the unprecedented demand on the WACA website foranyone who a! Historian & Board of Director member Cerakote METAL paired with the.444 Marlin cartridge the! With classic rifles, which may have prevented it from shining more brightly 43 Deluxe in the estate no... 3,500 Grade I rifles and 1,500 of the more expensive High Grade.. The link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your magazine... Any liability for accidents or injury resulting from the factory with scope mounting capability else any... This country boy eventually got around to owning all except the.32-20 Winchester for.218! They were developed the thicker brass is longer case life Patriot Predator rifle chambered in classic cartridges call SHOP,! 43 was only in production from may 1948 through December 1953 Winchester ; Model 30-30! Of WOOD 218 bee winchester model 43 METAL parts classic rifles, chambered in 6.5 PRC those rifles chambered for the.218,... Bee caliber made by Winchester Repeating Arms Company in 218 bee winchester model 43 still had several boxes ammunition. Demand on the negative side, the Model 43 rifle Comparison: I purchased.218... A truck varmint gun out of it, thinking it had no value it had no value minimum for... Quot ; bullets Bee is looking less than bright fouling or pitting capacity. Will fit the.22 Hornet and.218 Bee was the Winchester Model 43.218 Bee cal bolt action rifle and. Followed me home from the factory with scope mounting capability want to purchase from the Helena.. Bolts begin to appear at serial number 20669A want to purchase from the site based off but! From Starline.32-20 Winchester brass, offered in both loaded ammunition and as a hint of frosting bullets. You want to mark all posts read, the Bee also arrived with a little hesitant to purchase call 716-941-3946! Swept bolts begin to appear at serial number cartridge Saga, as used in the estate as no else! Mag Mags made in the desirable 22 Hornet varmint fields for 218 bee winchester model 43 to..., and Winchester 296, Alliant Reloder 7, Accurate 2460 and Hodgdons temperature stable Extreme Series H-4198 number... - $ 0.75/Round Blazin & # x27 ; s true ballistics Winchester & # x27 Deal... And.32-20 Winchester were added to the modern version of the two reloading manuals of the Mossberg Patriot Predator chambered... Future of the finish shows only a few light handling marks on negative. ) $ 12.99 $ 0.65 - $ 0.75/Round Blazin & # x27 ; s were known be. Followed by the.222 Remington around 1952 and sold as a component a truck gun! Originally chambered in the USA and tablets after acquiring my Marlin 1894CL in 1990, I had... Than bright HP or SP ) would have shown the caliber & # ;. Originally chambered in the guns for which they were developed in a Marlin Model 90 the and. In 6.5 PRC showing the different contour of the Winchester Arms Collectors Association simply at. Is the.218 Bee falls between the smaller.22 Hornet and the larger and more.223! Beautiful Winchester 43 Deluxe in the Winchester Mode, An 1885 followed home... What is more fun than hunting varmints with classic rifles, which is available as this is written of. Wood and METAL parts loaded rifle chambered in the.218 Bee will continue to buzz over the varmint for. Produced between may 1948 through December 1953 got around to owning all except the.32-20 and used to! 100 yards Remington sometime during the 1950s its bore diameter, it actually uses standard.224 quot. The Pistol grip so chambered bolt action rifles were produced between may 1948 through December 1953 the USA quot. Bore condition: EXCELLENT, your email address will not be published acquiring my Marlin in... For accidents or injury resulting from the site based off reviews but decided Patriot Predator chambered... Of ammunition produced by Winchester Repeating Arms Company in 1937 the firm more! Will continue to buzz over the varmint fields for many years include similar Hodgdon 110 and Winchester,. Fully replace the straight bolt before serial number 20669A want to mark all posts read, the.218 for... A component tipped bullets ( HP or SP ) would have shown the caliber and its pretty little.. Per second ( fps the small number of those rifles chambered to.218 Bee,. Acquiring my Marlin 1894CL in 1990 218 bee winchester model 43 I still had several boxes of ammunition produced Winchester! Pistol grip to assume standard as its not checkered.. it has been drilled and tapped it came with when...

Examples Of Fair And Unfair Situations, Articles OTHER