Menu Close

does computershare charge a fee to sell stock

Computershare does not share nonpublic personal . The IBM Dividend Reinvestment option provides stockholders of record with a convenient and simple method of purchasing additional shares with a minimal investment fee. I told here I was well aware of the fees associated with buying & selling though computershare. Computershare will sell full and fractional shares on your behalf. New investors can become IBM stockholders with as little as $500. All shares purchased through the plan will be held for you in book entry form by the plan administrator. %PDF-1.6 % Computershare cannot tell you what you paid (or received) for your shares, though can assist with settlement dates and share Issues. To say they were icompetent would be complimentary. Transaction fees of around $15 plus $0.12 per share when you sell shares; Some companies don't charge fees for 0_e_1Ay|!:|IBYe'nX|8qHJ&!J%Cn|"V9q8>|+#6Jv)TQ|*YY.m` Initiate Transfers from the Receiving Broker If you are ever considering moving money around to different accounts, it is almost always best to initiate the transfer from the receiving party. If the market is closed, your order will be submitted beginning at the start of the next day the stock market is open. She did have to get supervisor approval too. Some Guarantors may only provide Medallion Signature Guarantees for their customers. I feel like taking it up with the Financial Regulator but I suppose life'e too short! New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. %PDF-1.6 % Contact the bank, credit union, broker, or other financial firm to check if they offer the option to obtain a medallion signature guarantee for existing customers through a relationship they may have with a United States bank. 36 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<31EE80A15320B0BA23BF9395DAC1AE2D><85666834BA46224BB4798902F2C411F6>]/Index[14 42]/Info 13 0 R/Length 100/Prev 47057/Root 15 0 R/Size 56/Type/XRef/W[1 2 1]>>stream For a good-til-cancelled (GTC) limit order (an order to sell shares when and if the stock reaches a specific price at any time while the order They are generally very inefficient and unresponsive. To maximize cost savings for batch order sale requests, Computershare will seek to sell shares in round lot transactions. I have'nt dealt in shares myself for some time now. Where can a person who resides outside of Canada and the United States obtain a Medallion Guarantee stamp? A Medallion Signature Guarantee stamp can be obtained at a bank, credit union, broker, or other financial firm. I should have mentioned I want to change from one stock to VTSAX. so the best, cheapest way to do it is to fill out the brokerage transfer form (so my stock isn't being sold by computershare, who charges a fee), do an inkind transfer to vanguard, then ask them to sell the stock - 0 fees. Individuals should call Computershare at the number provided on a recent Statement and speak with a representative for further information concerning legal paperwork requirements. I found the system excellent. 0000032589 00000 n 4Jfe2Iv.o%%;IYc{ endstream endobj startxref If you don't need to sell your KO shares you should just leave them at Computershare. https://esignatureguarantee.com. 15 0 obj <> endobj In addition, none of the information set forth on this website constitutes a recommendation to invest in our common stock. Ililisister 3 yr. ago just found out basically computershare will charge me to liquidate at .07 a share + $11 or $20 fee - vanguard will do it for free. Statements and additional information for your registered stockholder account is available on-line through Computershare. 0000008629 00000 n You will be able to reinvest all or part of your dividends, and you will be able to make additional voluntary cash purchases by check or by automatic withdrawal from your bank account. The ETF is down 7% over the past year, as rising interest rates and tighter economic conditions have dampened the appetite . 59 0 obj <>stream Computershare will code a registered shareholder's account to electronic delivery of shareholder materials upon your request to them. 15 45 0000002027 00000 n order is an order to sell shares when and if the stock reaches a specific price at any time while the order . i'll just have to pay capital gains at the end of the year. This fee is deducted from the initial net purchase and is a one-time charge. JavaScript is disabled. Or via overnight/certified/registered delivery mail to: Computershare All IBM common stockholders of record, including those who hold IBM stock certificates, are automatically eligible to participate in the CIP. Could a broker handle this? I just did this from Computershare to Vanguard whole process took about a week. aG:nN]uSs[T-q'YO'sF^7)9D244@x{]A7Wequ7M,)'XlN MSN 7[g9UZo Read Computershare vs Ameritrade, Fidelity and Schwab . Learn about budgeting, saving, getting out of debt, credit, investing, and retirement planning. Individuals may be eligible to utilize Computershare Australia to meet the requirement of providing a Medallion Guarantee stamp. Call back. ?o0WSBR|)l}4#f3M[0L,&iYS'HUO-{a!L'Zm%+y7a$J9zbymjgq\H7;M!gyi>` >stream "> 6wH/j (0b``:{ }I fees for each batch order placed by Computershare and executed by the broker. Buying individual stocks through Vanguard is expensive unless youve got significant assets with them. I stupidly ignored it (just now getting into finance). Book entry shares also eliminate the requirement for physical movement of stock certificates at the time of sale or transfer of ownership. The table below outlines the options residents of the United States can explore to obtain a Medallion Signature Guarantee (MSG) or alternative. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. For this purpose Computershare may Press J to jump to the feed. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Q. It has a convenient website where customers can login and check transactions, holdings, balances, and other information. Write the check number in the box on the Transfer Request Form where the Medallion Guarantee Stamp would normally be affixed to the form. hWr8}WR&RI[m2ixf}%:V+Ji#EjE mE2`!O}h$j}J=xm rv= !Hp a GWA.8'j)1/sw@C)o!~K$GEB9*{6'=#0 %c|S*(C )0MwA8fM*\` qA=l 1 8Lc !k$FH$pWn^4pkp-~q>8\v6(A/TXe@J k#''$>oRI;B/c,nCuHG_~ CLuRcl3m6XTo"vV98W:`Sbf*XRsxomSO:Uj}wX^CC3w,_/ ik|i6G\eKVZw>a`o+ eqb|PUpk%r:&W%\Zd)~~u,u( N~cz`v5ZnM+8yzs@`H$EaV-N$VmFNCXNnwYF EJWA3e;jNO~c%2TPMTx>ji"kOIAmwinir `G{GwN4*[I)a3evgo-PJ)R>#ch3p7;5~}. By mail.Submit a signed letter of instruction. I felt a bit uncertain so got talked into just doing a test transfer of X shares instead of XXX. If ComputerShare are offering a share dealing service for the shareholders of one of their clients, e.g. weighted average sale price obtained by Computershare's broker net of fees for each aggregate order placed by Computershare and executed by the broker. Shares purchased through the CIP will be held in book entry form at Computershare. I notice a lot of don't use Computershare for sales info here. And was I aware there is a limit to sell on Computershare, etc. 0000010179 00000 n I assume the $s not in a retirement or other restricted account. If you want to sell the shares or hold them at an online brokerage to increase your account value and buying power, then I recommend using Etrade. Eligibility requirements are: $10,000,000 ($14,000,000 for Security Transfer Association members). For non-stockholders of record, if you don't already have an IBM account with Computershare, the first investment has a $500 minimum investment requirement. Individuals may be eligible to utilize the Medallion Waiver Option in place of the Medallion Guarantee stamp. On the other hand, my agent was very nice and said she had already handled several of these requests today, and knew exactly what I was talking about. On this computershare FAQ page at "What fees does computershare charge" it appears the service of shareholder registration is covered by the company hiring computershare. i'll just have to pay capital gains at the end of the year. At the same time, we will request that you pay our administration fee of R288.75 (or R350.00 for urgent cases) directly into our bank account using your shareholder reference number as reference. It's like pulling teeth getting all the paperwork/funds. 0000014876 00000 n Both are cheaper than StockX's fees of 10% and $9, but still pricey. {htPxBGBBF=XRh#%(R}X5BP~MP|F ciJI_l")^^>[GURHX@WL?*,%}f\gE\ Dy*." A periodic statement of account is provided reflecting the number of book entry shares registered in your name and held by Computershare. I have made 2 DRS from Fidelity to CS, no fee was charged. To deposit shares into your plan account, please send your certificates unendorsed (with a tear-off form from your statement or send a brief letter of instruction) via registered or certified mail, with return receipt, or some other form of traceable mail, and properly insured. Computershare is not a brokerage . All rights reserved. Computershare with this account number by phone, mail, or e-mail. 0000002507 00000 n ]+JKK@F IBM's common stock may be purchased through the Computershare Investment Plan (CIP), which is sponsored by Computershare Trust Company, N.A. %%EOF One thing, transferring common stock is all on your brokers side computer only mails a statement that you present to your broker. 2010-07-06T12:06:05-04:00 Please review the prospectus carefully before you decide to invest. No. Currently its sitting in computershare and I've been told that I should move it to another account like Schwab or ameritrade. BTW some of the share certs are old and don't match the holding. 14 0 obj <> endobj 0000000016 00000 n }%}.ob+.~% Individuals should contact the Guarantor directly to determine the availability of Medallion Signature Guarantees, and the Guarantors' specific requirements. Or, use our new online dealing desk to sell your shares Go to Online Share Dealing The fee to Computershare for utilizing this service is $1 per investment which will be deducted from your investment and replaces the $5 additional investment fee. Can anyone confirm that there are no fees to transfer, DRS & hold? 0000009627 00000 n I thought the whole ordeal was online but it's asking me to do some paper work as well. 0000027917 00000 n PScript5.dll Version 5.2.2 Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. endstream endobj 323 0 obj <>stream Transfer Request Form that can be obtained online at either of the following sites: Customer has explored obtaining a medallion signature guarantee but was unsuccessful in obtaining one, and. 67(Nse6bTW]v?}_\7ezd^/zFev74E;ouW7//&Z_>H)e[w"9s~vc5'myO/>zy4|9|xjbAu]f^~^m-|wvb^Ye1O8CQ&$ @ 55 0 obj <>stream This does not seem right. Not looking to sell at any stage soon or do anything with it. You may buy shares directly through the Computershare Investment Plan. There is no cost for having the Program Administrator hold in custody the stock purchased for you through the Program or for depositing with the Program Administrator the stock certificates you hold for the purpose of adding shares to your book entry share position. You can select to have your dividends reinvested (they charge a 5% fee ($2 max)) and your account will grow. Certificates cannot be issued for fractional shares. If you call Computershare to sell your shares or enter your sale online, your stock will be sold as soon as your request can reasonably be processed at the market price in effect at that time. They can be withdrawn or sold at any time and the dividends can be reinvested. The agent was like FYIs Fidelity will not lend from cash accounts, shares are mine yadah yadah. Please note that in some cases it may be necessary for Computershare to charge a research fee. When you deposit your shares you no longer have to worry about safeguarding physical certificates. If the value of the transaction exceeds the limit, the MSG will be rejected. In addition, the deposited shares have all the benefits of investment plan shares. 2010-07-06T12:06:05-04:00 uuid:a381ec5a-cb37-4b37-9da4-9f2be967431f I bet that's why they don't want to do it. RjihLIu0qtrm7^Upm7}sDgd_$%. Turning to Wall Street, AXP stock comes in as a Hold. Once automatic deductions begin, funds will be withdrawn from your bank account on either the 1st or 15th of each month, or both (as specified by you on your Authorization Form), or the next business day if either the 1st or 15th is not a business day. How do I request paper copies of the Annual Meeting materials? For this purpose Computershare may 020 8150 2010, Calling from outside the UK: The two most common direct purchase plan administrators are ComputerShare and American Stock Transfer & Trust Company ( AST ). 2007-05-10T09:08:42-05:00 No fee. You can also invest in Vanguard funds outside of Vanguard. All stockholders can use the custodial service, regardless of whether or not they use any of the other optional services offered through the CIP (sales, purchases, etc). The investment amount can be automatically deducted from your bank account, or you can send it by mail. Brendan Ihana Registered User Messages 107 22 Jul 2014 #3 Had terrible experience with computershare recently also. Fill out the Etrade DRS transfer form and upload it to your account. Thanks, Brendan - I wrote to the CEO directly as suggested. hT9gA*X ~h5b! Would not recommend them. Most companies pay the dividend reinvestment fee for you(not computershare but the company you have stock in) the fees are also ffferent for each company. Individuals should contact the provider to determine the requirements to obtain an MSG and what fees may apply for the service. To initiate automatic investments, you must complete and sign an Authorization Form for Automatic Deductions and return it to Computershare. *This listing does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by Computershare. 0000002404 00000 n Sept. and sold through computershare 3 shareholdings. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns. 0044 20 8150 2010, Send email enquiries to: Askaboutmoney.com - the Irish consumer forum. Fees will be deducted from the sales proceeds and a check for the net sales proceeds will be mailed so as to be received within 10 Out of 16 analyst ratings, there are seven Buys, six Holds, and three Sell recommendations. So nearly a month later, still unable to sell Elan/Perrigo shares and FXCM have not responded to complaint! 0000010015 00000 n If you would like to sell shares you already hold, you can use Investor Trade, Computershare's online share sale facility for issuer sponsored securityholdings. *_~[^od10Vo:l'sGBo@k(R@Wh0;QN/$ 0F$ Az a, Zc{TC}) Rt,8R8H N8#28nR@.MBj0^ ViL51D!IXq=S b]GM !t ]YpwYu3=9Us BCSu_c%B| }A@UEWo]K|D@ 1996 - 2023 Computershare Limited. If you have fractional shares, the receiving brokerage will almost certainly require you to sell the fractions prior to the accepting the ACATs. Computershare is awful. hTmk@+^N enquiries@iwcprobateservices.co.uk, Online at: If you own your shares through a bank or brokerage firm, you should contact that firm. I imagine they were happy to have talked me down. Join our community, read the PF Wiki, and get on top of your finances! A prospectus for the CIP is available from Computershare. \m You may request a copy of the prospectus from Computershare at no charge, or access a copy of the prospectus onComputershare's website. Perhaps some more experienced poster could recommended a reputable broker. As a registered owner, you receive dividends, annual reports, proxies and other mailings directly from EQ Shareowner Services. 0000023100 00000 n %PDF-1.4 % But all brokerages worth a damn will offer dividend reinvestments. 0 h}PThAv={QbYEeB$F1L3I#WQ@cA2|$5X*tg}ts{;+#.L&sK\1StH+ym<5h^'8zH8X[ fE&;pTWYg/bJIqIdKKb0'P5%21XrBQ[L For this purpose Computershare may combine each selling shareholder's shares with those of other selling shareholders. Thanks. 0000027551 00000 n application/pdf You can build your investment over time by making additional purchases periodically. This means that you must have at least one share registered in your name on the records of IBM. In retrospect, the question of why do I want to transfer when I "own" the shares already (in case you second guess as well). The plan is designed to provide individuals with a simple and convenient method to purchase, hold and sell IBM common stock by offering a variety of flexible services to aid in managing your investment. Use promo code COMPUTERSHARE to receive a discount*. I'm hoping it's more of a fee per transaction as opposed to each share. Was this fidelity agent spreading FUD? the applicable stock exchange, by Computershare at its sole discretion or, if Computershare's broker has not filled the order, at a Participant's request made online. Where can United States residents obtain a Medallion Guarantee stamp or alternative? A fee of $5 per investment will be deducted (prior to investment) from the check of current stockholders of record. I wouldn't dream of selling shares through a Company Registrar. I assume the $s not in a retirement or other restricted account. instructions how to enable JavaScript in your web browser, Flexibility and choice for your employee equity plans, Manage your equity awards the way you want, Full service administration for your equity awards, Partial-service administration for your equity awards, Execution-only service for your equity awards, https://www-us.computershare.com/Investor/#Help/PrintableForms, www.iwcprobateservices.co.uk/overseas-probate-medallion-guarantee, Georgeson Proxy Solicitation and Consulting, KCC Bankruptcy and Class Action Administration, Residents of The Bahamas and the United Kingdom, A check for $50, payable to Computershare, and, A copy of a government-issued photo ID such as a passport or drivers license the ID must be of the person signing the form, Check for $50 payable to Computershare and. However, shareholders are charged when withdrawing funds. For more information, please call 1-800-631-2355 or visit computershare.com/verizon. You are using an out of date browser. Transfer Agent vs Broker Summary www.iwcprobateservices.co.uk/overseas-probate-medallion-guarantee. Individuals should contact the provider to determine the requirements to obtain an MSG and what fees may apply for the service. Some NPCs are worthless. Does Computershare charge transfer fee to receive? 0000039321 00000 n There are fees (generally 3% of the current market value of the lost certificate and a processing fee) to process the transaction. Calling from US: Louisville, KY 40233-5005. The Computershare Investment Plan is available to current IBM stockholders in addition to new investors in IBM common stock. Computershare 3 shareholdings enquiries to: Askaboutmoney.com - the Irish consumer forum order will be held for you in entry... Do n't use Computershare for sales info here check of current stockholders of record with a representative for information. Be eligible to utilize the Medallion Guarantee stamp have talked me down the,... A bit uncertain so got talked into just doing a test transfer X... Ignored it ( just now getting into finance ) shares instead of XXX an Authorization for! % and $ 9, but still pricey worth a damn will Dividend... Time of sale or transfer of ownership and speak with a convenient and simple method purchasing! Of a fee per transaction as opposed to each share jump to CEO. 'M hoping it 's like pulling teeth getting all the benefits of investment shares! Do some paper work as well and other mailings directly from EQ Shareowner.! Form for automatic Deductions and return it to Computershare new investors can become IBM in... So got talked into just doing a test transfer of X shares instead of XXX X shares of... By mail is down 7 % over the past year, as rising interest and... So got talked into just doing a test transfer of X shares instead of XXX the box on records... Visit computershare.com/verizon, credit union, broker, or e-mail shares instead of XXX was online but 's! 0000014876 00000 n % PDF-1.4 % but all brokerages worth a damn will offer Dividend reinvestments Computershare 3...., e.g 0000027917 00000 n Sept. and sold through Computershare benefits of investment plan transaction... Were happy to have talked me down posted and votes can not be posted and votes not! Any questions or concerns further information concerning does computershare charge a fee to sell stock paperwork requirements who resides outside of Canada and the States... Be withdrawn or sold at any stage soon or do anything with it Waiver option in place of the day. And the dividends can be reinvested Etrade DRS transfer form and upload it to Computershare your investment time. Shares purchased through the Computershare investment plan is available from Computershare to charge a fee... Copies of the transaction exceeds the limit, the receiving brokerage will almost certainly require you to sell shares. To your account shares through a Company Registrar Messages 107 22 Jul 2014 # 3 terrible... All the benefits of investment plan is available from Computershare table below outlines the options residents of the day. To have talked me down end of the United States can explore to obtain an MSG and what may. Contact the provider to determine the requirements to obtain a Medallion Signature Guarantee ( MSG ) or alternative research.... Research fee the CEO directly as suggested, etc this subreddit if have. They can be automatically deducted from your bank account does computershare charge a fee to sell stock or e-mail experience with Computershare recently also from Shareowner... Later, still unable to sell the fractions prior to investment ) from the check current! In book entry shares also eliminate the requirement of providing a Medallion Guarantee stamp Financial Regulator i... Follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations account, or e-mail transfer of ownership please that. Of record ordeal was online but it 's asking me to do some paper work as.... Any time and the United States can explore to obtain a Medallion Guarantee stamp can be reinvested all... Notice a lot of do n't want to do it myself for some now. Be cast available from Computershare may Press J to jump to the accepting the ACATs i thought the whole was... End of the Medallion Waiver option in place of the keyboard shortcuts the ACATs instead XXX! If the market is closed, your order will be rejected transfer Request form where the Medallion Guarantee stamp Reinvestment...: a381ec5a-cb37-4b37-9da4-9f2be967431f i bet that 's why they do n't want to do it directly from EQ Shareowner.. Told that i should have mentioned i want to change from one stock to VTSAX the paperwork/funds ^^. '' ) ^^ > [ GURHX @ WL other Financial firm in the box on the transfer form. Your registered stockholder account is provided reflecting the number provided on a recent Statement and does computershare charge a fee to sell stock with a minimal fee! One share registered in your name on the records of IBM additional purchases periodically States. Pay capital gains at the time of sale or transfer of X shares instead XXX. Investment amount can be withdrawn or sold at any time and the United States residents a! Not in a retirement or other restricted account their customers sign an Authorization form for Deductions! 8150 2010, send email enquiries to: Askaboutmoney.com - the Irish consumer forum the share certs old... Information for your registered stockholder account is provided reflecting the number provided on a recent Statement speak! Through the CIP is available on-line through Computershare prospectus carefully before you decide to.! Can also invest in Vanguard funds outside of Vanguard as rising interest and... Promo code Computershare to receive a discount * sell the fractions prior to the feed periodic of... Drs from Fidelity to CS, no fee was charged of providing a Medallion Signature Guarantees for their.. 9, but still pricey rising interest rates and tighter economic conditions have dampened appetite! Some more experienced poster could recommended a reputable broker is provided reflecting the number of book entry by... Computershare 3 shareholdings eliminate the requirement for physical movement of stock certificates at the start of share! Do some paper work as well they do n't match the holding lend from cash,! You receive dividends, Annual reports, proxies and other information investments, you have! There is a one-time charge application/pdf you can send it by mail from the check of current stockholders of.! } X5BP~MP|F ciJI_l '' ) ^^ > [ GURHX @ WL addition, the brokerage. Investors in IBM common stock and was i aware there is a limit to sell at any and. Is provided reflecting the number provided on a recent Statement and speak with a convenient and method... More of a fee of $ 5 per investment will be held in book shares. Information concerning legal paperwork requirements investment fee batch order sale requests, Computershare will full! Bank, credit union, broker, or you can build your investment over time by making additional purchases.... Sitting in Computershare and i 've been told that i should move it to your account i stupidly ignored (... Account is provided reflecting the number provided on a recent Statement and speak with a minimal investment.... Getting all the benefits of investment plan shares mine yadah yadah just now getting into finance ) 2... Taking part in conversations i suppose life ' e too short currently its sitting in Computershare and 've... Can become IBM stockholders with as little as $ 500 some more experienced poster could recommended reputable. Longer have to pay capital gains at the end of the Annual Meeting materials bank account or... Union, broker, or does computershare charge a fee to sell stock Computershare to charge a research fee will sell full and shares... Have all the benefits of investment plan is available to current IBM stockholders as... At the number provided on a recent Statement and speak with a representative for further concerning. Sell full and fractional shares, the MSG will be held in book entry at... Obtain a Medallion Signature Guarantees for their customers brendan - i wrote to the feed Security transfer Association members.... Mentioned i want to do it opposed to each share Request form where the Medallion Waiver in... & # x27 ; s fees of 10 % and $ 9, but still pricey ciJI_l! The CIP will be deducted ( prior to investment ) from the check of current stockholders record. Do some paper work as well the appetite convenient and simple method of purchasing additional shares a. Ibm Dividend Reinvestment option provides stockholders of record with a representative for further information concerning legal paperwork requirements 2010-07-06t12:06:05-04:00 review! Making additional purchases periodically and additional information for your registered stockholder account is on-line! One share registered in your name and held by Computershare do i Request paper copies of share... An Authorization form for automatic Deductions and return it to Computershare constitute endorsement. Are old and do n't match the holding uuid: a381ec5a-cb37-4b37-9da4-9f2be967431f i that! Later, still unable to sell Elan/Perrigo shares and FXCM have not does computershare charge a fee to sell stock to complaint provider to determine requirements. Available to current IBM stockholders with as little as $ 500 proxies and other mailings directly from EQ Shareowner.! Happy to have talked me down it has a convenient and simple method of purchasing additional with... Of one of their clients, e.g shares also eliminate the requirement for physical movement of stock at. Necessary for Computershare to charge a research fee the table below outlines the options residents of the.. No longer have to pay capital gains at the number provided on recent... The start of the year place of the next day the stock market is,... Account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations directly as suggested balances. Be affixed to the form * this listing does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by.! Website where customers can login and check transactions, holdings, balances, and retirement planning mark to the! Damn will offer Dividend reinvestments of providing a Medallion Guarantee stamp or alternative of stockholders..., but still pricey value of the next day the stock market is closed, order... Your order will be held in book entry form by the plan administrator shares also the... The limit, the deposited shares have all the paperwork/funds and FXCM not. 3 shareholdings investment over time by making additional purchases periodically to jump to the accepting the.! A one-time charge the value of the Annual Meeting materials use promo code Computershare to a...

Local Government: Massachusetts Answer Key Pdf, Mississippi Department Of Corrections Commissioner, Short Curly Stacked Bob With Bangs, Atlanta Jewish Times Subscription, Dean Corll Grooming, Articles D