Menu Close

ef tours lawsuit

We promise not to send you any unrelated messages, Click here if youd like to unsubscribe from notifications about new complaints of EF Educational Tours. EF claims that they are the least expensiveYou get what you pay for. In my opinion they are if they hired them to insure these trips they should make good on there promises to get you to buy the insurance. Wife has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and will not be able to make this trip. This is morally and ethically wrong. Christian conservative attorney Roy Moore, a former Alabama Supreme Court justice, joined Spell's team of attorneys last year after a U.S. district judge dismissed his lawsuit in Baton Rouge . We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and to show you personalised advertising. I was told that they only charge whats been deposited. EFs Emergency Service & Support Team is available 24/7 to resolve any issue, from a missed flight to a lost passport to more serious on-tour incidents. Risk-Free Enrollment Period I feel like everything was rushed. EF Tours, however, did not want to refund all the money during the quarantine. Poor communication, date changes, do not uphold refund requests. Trip delay coverage Thank you for your email! When I called to cancel his trip I was horrified to find out that despite purchasing the $200 protection plan, my reasoning for canceling the trip was not covered and not only had I paid the $200 for nothing, but they would also charge me an additional $360 cancellation fee. The gist of this complaint is that the EF SWISS International Tours Contract has provisions that were inserted into it by EF SWISS that were (and remain) unconscionable as that term is defined by California Civil Code section 1780(a)(19). Due to several life altering disasters I had to cancel the trip 18 months in advance. My son was scheduled to go to Peru on 8/3/2022, today is 7/28/22. According to the case, the defendants sold tours to public and private high school groups pursuant to a written contract of adhesion that contained what the complaint refers to as the No Public Health Emergency Cash Refund Clause. Under the clause, if an EF tour is canceled for public health issues or quarantine or threats of public health issues, the defendants will issue travel vouchers for the value of the money paid, excluding certain non-refundable fees, instead of providing cash refunds, the suit explains. v. EF Institute for Cultural Exchange, Inc., et. The people who sign up for this type of group tour deserve better vetting of other group members before tour starts. The Global Travel Protection plan includes insured components that are underwritten by US Fire Insurance Company and cancellation fee waivers provided by EF Educational Tours. My family and I scheduled a tour with ef educational tours. Three weeks after enrolling, our circumstances changed so I called to cancel, expecting to pay the $95 cancellation fee x2. NBC 5 Responds has received dozens of complaints from families who say EF Tours, a travel company based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is charging them a cancellation fee to get their money. et. If you'd like to learn more and find out if you are eligible to participate in a lawsuit against Education First, please visit our FAQ page. or delay EF tours for public health issues or quarantine or threats of public health issues, in which case the . I would love for someone from EF Tours to get back to me about my kid's flight home. Emilia Hovestadt $900 which we did. I signed on in 201920 when no restrictions were in force. My mom is part of a tour departing for a 10 day trip to Europe. Yet I received a check in the mail for $300 before I could talk to someone. lawsuit against Defendants EF Education First International, Ltd. ("EF International"), EF Institute . I was asked by our group leader to be a chaperone several days prior to leaving for our trip. Tour Consultant, EF Education First, Desired outcome: This is a class action lawsuit for monetary and equitable relief arising out of Defendants' . They need to be outted with their unfair business practices. Get a travel voucher for his own tour, no thank you, I paid for Global Protection plan i would like a refund. Dedicated Emergency Service and Incident Response Teams I'd like them to give me a written, emailed itemized list of what they are spending all our money on. Of course with everything going on, this was canceled and rescheduled for July 2021. I also felt like the city tours were a complete waste of money and time and I would have much rather not have paid them because the tour guides for the cities sucked and I feel like I would have learned more on my own. First of all, you sign your student up because you are trusting the teacher who has arranged the trip. -Sandra Joubarani. I would like to reimbursed for being a chaperone. 4. However, EF Tours will override the plan and refuse your refund. I would never recommend dealing with EF tours or there insurance company. We continued to make our monthly payments and purchased our passports and patiently waited for May 2022 to arrive. I recently got a generic email stating that I had till October 2022 to plan a trip or lose my $5,668. Company is stealing 500.00 saying that is the cancelation policy. (This allows us to partially cover costs related to non-recoverable payments to our suppliers our staff and the investment we have always made and continue to make in itinerary date and destination flexibility.). They have stolen from many people, including seniors and students some of whom are in high school or younger. Please Never purchase anything from these scam artists. Our people are your people. Please help us receive refund for this experience. . All Group Leaders, schools, and districts who travel with EF are automatically added as additional insureds under our $50 million General Liability Policy, whether or not the tour is considered a school event. will be amended to plead violations of Massachusetts consumer protection law. The day before trip, we were told cancelled due to civil unrest. It caters to young and older travelers, admitting anyone from age six and above (under-age travelers accompanied by adults). We've experienced the transformative power of travel firsthandand we can't wait to explore the opportunities that are out there for you and your students. International education company EF Institute for Cultural Exchange Inc. was hit with a proposed class action by students who received only a partial refund for tours . These assholes cancelled a trip that we had already paid in full for to Italy and Greece, then they cancelled the trip, and then they refused to give out any refunds, even if you had insurance. If not resolved I will go through my lawyer. I was told to call EF to see what my options are. Not only did I make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau but I also requested that a manager call me and I have yet to hear from anyone. I called customer service today and she actually told me that "no executive decision has been made yet" 6 days before a tour. Payments made should be made to McGrane PC as trustee. Hence the lawsuit (in CA 2020, look it up). This company is a scam and has stolen millions of dollars from parents on fraudulent trips that never happen. We get that it is overpriced because they want to make a profit and the teacher wants their trip paid for. People should be able to get a refund, without all of the hidden fees. On April 22, 2020, the EF Defendants wrote to a parent whose son Jack's trip was canceled stating: Your voucher is now available:Were sorry Jacks Berlin, Prague, Krakow and Budapest tour didnt happen as planned, but were committed to helping them see the world at another time. Read more here: Camp Lejeune Lawsuit Claims. EFs unmatched global presence I have been a group leader with EF for 10 years and they have been getting so bad that I will no longer travel with them. Both teachers who are the guides have left our school district, have done no fundraising, and the price has increased on the trip since I initially booked it. Live, unedited & independent traveler reviews. If the revised tour has a higher price than the original tour, travelers will be required to pay the difference as a condition of traveling on the revised tour. I want all of my money refunded as it is the right thing to do. New cases and investigations, settlement deadlines, and news straight to your inbox. What is not acceptable is the terrible communication about travel plans and restrictions. Look at all the one star reviews. We bottled some of this events magic in our student Summit video recap. ** The Global Travel Protection Plus plan includes a non-insurance Cancel for Any Reason waiver benefit provided by EF Educational Tours. This is because 45 days prior to departure is the cut off to add a chaperone. Now I've fought this as much as I could. Well isn't that what insurance is for??? as the premier companies. In what universe is this considered acceptable?!?!?!? A copy of this pleading can be viewed by visiting our UPDATES page. 1. They do not respond favorably. What a rip off! 15.06(1 . Has anybody been to the office of EF? Two straight hours of calling the ef tours emergency hotline and no still no answer. We also had the unfortunate luck of awful traffic. On December 7, 2020, Melissa Douglass filed a Second Amended Class Action Complaint against various EF Education First affiliates. Some of it was just bad luck however I feel like most of it was EF tours being lazy and not trying to help make the experience the best that it could have been. Unable to travel? We were placed so far outside Sorrento that we only saw it at night and had to pay 20 euro each to get a cab back to the hotel because it was considered an"excursion." 2021 came with Covid restrictions that could not be met. Yes, on the rare occasion (as you can read) that your trip goes off perfectly smooth, without any issues (imagine that) you may get your money's worth. Pursuant toCalifornia Rules of Professional Conduct, Rule 7.3(c)please take note that this webpage constitutes a paid advertisement for legal services. EF told me that I could pay roughly $400 ish to come home earlier-this is on top of the $5,100 fee for the trip OR lose half my money and cancel. Desired outcome: I can supply all correspondence that my group coordinator had. We went ahead and waited. We were told there was no where we could go. Future Travel Vouchers are valid up to 25 months from the month of the original tours scheduled departure. EF Educational Tours reviews 76 G GwenWil30 of Peoria, US Feb 22, 2023 3:34 pm EST Verified customer Fraud I booked a tour in 2022 to Greece through Girl Scouts of America for 2024. And that wasn't even a full guarantee of a full refund. and I'm pretty sure it would have all been cheaper if we just did it ourselves. By way of explanation for the contents of this letter--which was sent with the express permission of McGrane PC's direct clients (and was not written on behalf of anyone who is not a party to an active contingent fee agreement with McGrane PC and therefore does not affect their rights in any way)--it is the opinion of McGrane PC that the present attitude of both EFCAL and EFSWISS towards the loss of consumer rights attendant on consumers' accepting money or other consideration from them is unclear. Michael Ortiz is seeking unspecified millions of dollars from the city of Hollywood, Florida, and Officer Henry Andrews, 50, who is also facing a . Is this your company? In addition the insurance company retained by EF initially declined to pay to have my son evacuated from Cost Rica. Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey announced Thursday her office has reached a settlement with EF tours that resulted in more than $1.4 million in additional refunds for nearly 4,200. All I know to do is make this issue public. 8 weeks.It has been 8 weeks so my son contacted the insurance company and was told the money would be put back into our account between June 20 to 25th. By the first week I was already begging to go home and I kept hoping, thinking and praying that things would get better however they never did. we signed my son up for a trip to England , Paris, and Rome. This plan includes coverages that can provide a benefit in the unlikely event a traveler should need to return home unexpectedly due to a natural disaster or unrest. The tour company has repeatedly asked for opinions of the tour and has promoted additional trips. The reviews of the food were always " not enough food and mediocre food". I ended up booking our own flights home to the US for $1500. On October 22, 2020, Boston-based co-counsel for McGrane PC send a demand letter to the EF Defendants (including EF Explore America Inc., which runs domestic tours) demanding a full refund under Massachusetts consumer protection law which Massachusetts consumer protection law appears to more directly address the requirement that such full refunds be offered than does California consumer protection law. But guess what? Purchase was completed prior to pandemic..tour to Italy. When we called to cancel, they refuse to give us our full refund and claim to keep $500 despite their poor communication, COVID restrictions, and the paid insurance plan which has turned out to be a scam too. IT IS THE PROFESSIONAL OPINION OF MCGRANE PC THAT A SERIOUS RISK EXISTS THAT ACCEPTING SUCH OFFERS WITHOUT THE ADVICE OF SUCH LEGAL COUNSEL WILL WORK A FORFEITURE OF VALUABLE LEGAL RIGHTS. Dear Sirs Emergency evacuation coverages Below are a range of policies and programs designed to flex to meet our travelers specific needsno matter where they are in the planning process. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD ON AN EF TRIP!! We are a community of hard working families who were willing to make the financial sacrifice to allow our children a great opportunity. Especially during a pandemic where these things change constantly. Background checks take place through a secure process that is meant to specifically identify individuals who could present a risk to student travelers while on tour. Due to several life altering disasters I had to cancel the trip 18 months in advance. IS this the only forum about this place? ", UPDATE ON EF CASES AS OF 1:30 PM PDST April 23, 2020. My daughter was extremely disappointed, as she had always wanted to see Paris. When I told them Id been in an accident & lost my job they said to file a complaint then hung up on me! release my refund and return $500 cancelation fee. So we were unable to go out and see the cities on our own time like we were promised. Paid full price with insurance.The trip coordinator was a personal friend Mary Pope. I could honestly go on for 10 pages about the terrible food and the fact that you will only be given warm milk, cereal, coffee and last night's rolls for breakfast every day! We were told we would receive a check from Ef Tours in 2 to 4 weeks for approx. A copy of this pleading is posted on our UPDATES page. EF Educational Tours Call 800-665-5364 to enroll. Location & Hours 3. v. EF etc. Help Center; How It Works; About EF; Blog; Customer Reviews; Stay connected. This plan includes Trip Cancellation coverage. This new voucher ensures you get the absolute best value based on our updated Terms & Conditions. I will never, ever even consider sending any of my other kids on one of these trips. Filed against EF Institute for Cultural Exchange, Inc. and EF Education First International, AG, the lawsuit claims the tour providers have instituted an unfair cancellation policy that imposes an unreasonable limitation on cash refunds. Account #6297341 UPDATE ON EF CASES AS OF 2:00 PM PDST MARCH 15, 2021. I can supply screenshots and credit card bills as proof of payment in 2019 -20. Its inexcusable and I would absolutely never use this this company again. Want class action news sent to your inbox? Not willing to give us a full refund for travel in May due to COVID19, Class action suit: coronavirus-2019 covid-2019 quarantined - not fulfilling full refund. He gives the best guided tours of Spainand he inspired his family to become local guides, too. use of a redeem voucher button is already something . In my opinion, this is stealing. So, if you are not able to use the voucher or attend the rescheduled tour, as in my case, then you paid EF Tours THOUSANDS of dollars for nothing! They simply refuse to refund your deposit. Its a joke. Travelers must pay in full or enroll in our Automatic Payment Plan at the time of program enrollment and must remain either paid in full or enrolled in our Automatic Payment Plan and in good financial standing at the time of cancellation to remain eligible. In a letter issued to one customer on March 10, 2020, the defendants refused to issue any cash refund at all. I will be escalating the complaint throughout our school and to the district so that these types of trips are no longer allowed through the school where EF Tours has access to millions of kids and their families giving the pitch of a once in a lifetime experience of travel only to cheat us out of our money. The Global Travel Protection Plus planprovides a refund of the Program Price (minus the cost of the plan and other non-refundable fees) if your child needs to cancel their tour up to 24 hours prior to departure for any reason. So whether youre searching for first-time tour prep tips or stories of experienced travelers, were here to help you plan for all those future momentsboth big and small. When I called about a refund for the extension being taken off I was told by customer service "They make the cost even out." Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF. The lawsuit looks to represent allcitizens across the United States who entered into a 2019-2020 adhesion contract in connection with an EF tour through a U.S. high school that was scheduled to leave after January 31, 2020 but has since been canceled due to the coronavirus outbreak and who were refused a full refund based on the public health emergency clause. Illness and accident coverage We would be able to pay for a European cruise to same ports and actually see more and eat well with less money then they are charging. Customer service is the WORST! I would love for someone from EF Tours to get back to me about my kid's flight home. This policy helps safeguard Group Leaders, schools, and districts in case of claims related to covered on-tour incidents such as personal injury and provides a legal defense and covers all associated legal fees. This plan includes Trip Interruption coverage. Please note: This electronic EF Future Travel Voucher replaces and voids any previous voucher you may have received for your 2020 tour. We have decided to not travel in the US. The Global Travel Protection Plus plan must be purchased when you book your tour. al. They saved $3800 a piece from babysitting, dog walking, plant watering! I didn't think sharing was a big deal until I found out that he's expected to share a ben with a complete stranger. Not sure if this company is based out of the US but they definitely do not support the military and all aspects of the roles and responsibilities of service members. Sadly, this was not the case. Recently I was notified by EF Tours that my child was cancelled from the tour after paying off almost whole trip price. That is the fact they hawked the [travel] insurance right in their own booking agreement . This will not work for many reasons, first I we are most likely moving. Our tours are curated by world travelers Still capitalizing from us by refusing to refund the total amount. (EF SWISS Immunity Clause). That's all fine and dandy, but we signed up for THIS July. Now that I see I cannot . It seemed cool at the time however most countries either had the shops and food places shut down early or be completely closed due to the big games. Their initial flight was cancelled at 645pm and no one from ef tours was available to book overnight rooms so they could make their 6 am flight. It was discovered by a parent who was monitoring the flight status. I hereby unconditionally and unequivocally waive any and all claims and demands for all damages, losses, costs, and expenses of any nature whatsoever (including attorneys fees) on account of or arising out of any and all personal injury, death, bodily injury, mental anguish, emotional distress, or property or other damage that I may suffer from any cause whatsoever related in any way to my participation in any EF [SWISS]-sponsored tour. So opted to try one more year to see if restrictions were lifted. I would say about the five days we were traveling to other countries on bus, we were in the bus for 12-15 hours. As we enhance and innovate on our own health and safety protocols, we'll continue to monitor guidance from local and federal authorities in the U.S. and internationally. She was contracted but not employed by EFgo ahead tours. They have horrible people on the chat, like actually rude. They want to keep $1000 each child therefore I will loss $2000. The lawsuit argues that the clause constitutes an unlawful business practice under California law in that: The plaintiff suspects that EFs conduct has affected tens of thousands of consumers. Read our Newswire Disclaimer. UPDATE ON EF CASES AS OF 1:30 PM PDST April 12, 2020, On April 10, 2020, William McGrane wrote to Richard Schirtzer regarding Natalia Grabovsky, etc., et. On February 5, 2021, defendants EF Institute for Cultural Exchange, Inc. (EF Institute), EF Education First International, Ltd. (EF International), and EF Explore America, Inc. (EF America) filed a motion to dismiss Plaintiffs Second Amended Complaint (Dec 7, 2020). No materials from this website may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. If the group does not travel on the original tour, travel on a revised tour, or receive a Future Travel Voucher, standard cancellation fees will apply. Very creative thinking by the [California] Legislature.For what its worth, just trying to urge you to stop ignoring us and use the class mechanism to fully and fairly settle this increasingly thorny problem, which will get only thornier once we do discovery into the perks offered group leaders that are obviously the costs EF Defendants are really trying to recoup. We believe travel is for everyone. Refusal to refund refund after they cancelled tours! if this is how they treat us before the trip? I have been saving up my own money for the past three years just to go on this "life changing" experience. We left at 5am for a new route to Houston, Miami, then Quito, told we would miss one day in Ecuador now to to flight schedule. Avoid at all costs! I booked a trip with our homeschool "trip club" to do EF's Great Britain tour with a 2 day extension to Paris. Due to traffic and bad timing we traveled. One of the destinations was an Island called Tortuga. Hence the lawsuit (in CA 2020, look it up). We've experienced the transformative power of travel firsthandand we can't wait to explore the opportunities that are out there for you and your students. UPDATE ON EF CASES AS OF 9:00 AM PDST April 24, 2020, On April 22, 2020, William McGrane wrote to Richard Schirtzer advising Mr. Schirtzer that his clients, the EF Defendants' ". Do not travel with this unethical greedy unprofessional company, ever and definately do not pay them any money. ", Later on April 22, 2020, Mr. Schirtzer responded: "[T]hese vouchers that offer customers several different ways to utilize 100% of value of their previous payments can hardly be described as 'worthless.' cash refund for the unused trip. By using this website you agree to our Cookies Policy. I can't believe they can demand reasons for dismissal even with all the Hippa Laws. I was told we should have paid extra if we wanted to be IN Sorrento. local tour guides including Blanca, Roseanna and others were so kind and polite. The plan lists "quarantine" as a covered reason for a refund - no extra parameters. al. Filed: March 17, 2020 3:20-cv-00508-GPC-BLM. And that without even telling the parents the-unrevealed-until-now enormity of those perks (or to use another term perhaps the enormity of those teacher "emoluments" to use the nicest possible term for it). My oldest son was scheduled to take a school trip to Peru next year. They claim the $700.00 is money that was already spent to secure travel details. Camp Lejeune residents now have the opportunity to claim compensation for harm suffered from contaminated water. Call us: Teachers and Group Leaders 800-637-8222 Students and Parents 800-665-5364 Careers at EF View Opportunities If a traveler needs to cancel a trip due to reasons specified in the plan, this reimburses non-refundable pre-paid payments. If you booked a trip like this as an adult, you would scream from the rooftops for a refund but since these are kids, apparently EF doesn't have to listen because there will be another crop of unsuspecting students waiting to go next year. They also charged me $189 for insurance I declined. I had to also pay $500.00 cancellation fee which is ridiculous since there is 6 more months till the trip. We're within 95 days of the trip so I'm not even sure I can get a refund, but if he wants his own room it's almost $1000 extra. We will incorporate new procedures where appropriate as part of the comprehensive safety measures that are standard on every EF tour. I am outraged and helpless. They informed me that my type of service is not recognized and I would not be covered. I struggled to pay for this trip and now after paying for travel insurance also they are denying full refund. I have spent $10,000 for two kids' trips and I can't get the most basic customer support from them. On September 8, 2020, and over vigorous objection, federal District Judge Gonzalo P. Curiel granted a motion to change venue from the Southern District of California to the District of Massachusetts that had previously been filed by the EF Defendants and set for hearing on September 11, 2020. This became urgent because they moved our trip up 10 days which cut into our allowed time to cancel and get our "full" refund. We were quoted a price and told the insurance was a great thing to have because with it you could cancel up to 24 hrs before the trip for a full refund minus the cost of insurance. Emergency evacuation coverages We were also promised to be able to be in walking distance from our hotels to the big cities in the countries we were staying in however in each country we were at minimum one hour away from the cities. v. EF Institute for Cultural Exchange, Inc., et. 3) They pretend that you can extend your student's trip. This, of course, was never brought up until it was too late to change the reservation. They kept $700 of our hard earned money and refuse to return it. The defendants knew it would not be realistically possible for students to reschedule their tours in light of a public health emergency and they would likely lose some or all of their pre-paid deposit. Was monitoring the flight status, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted,,. Cancelation policy get that it is the cut off to add a chaperone MARCH 15, 2021 this acceptable... Refuse to return it this was canceled and rescheduled for July 2021 be a chaperone days. An Island called Tortuga also they are the least expensiveYou get what pay! First I we are a community of hard working families who were willing to make a profit the! This pleading is posted on our ef tours lawsuit and to show you personalised.. Tours for public health issues or quarantine or threats of public health issues or quarantine or threats of health! ; ), EF tours to get back to me about my kid 's flight.... ) they pretend that you can extend your student 's trip group members before tour starts altering disasters had. Treat US before the trip 18 months in advance and news straight to your inbox son evacuated Cost. On this `` life changing '' experience so kind and polite plan I would love for from. All been cheaper if we wanted to be outted with their unfair business practices to see what options. Supply all correspondence that my child was cancelled from the month of the food were always `` not enough and... Has arranged the trip of Massachusetts consumer Protection law 10 day trip Europe... Total amount Plus plan must be purchased when you book your tour yet I received a check the... They saved $ 3800 a piece from babysitting, dog walking, plant watering not want to refund all Hippa! Pay the $ 95 cancellation fee which is ridiculous since there is 6 more months till trip! You get the ef tours lawsuit basic customer support from them be a chaperone several days prior to for... Home to the US for $ 300 before I could three years just to out... In high school or younger a Second amended Class Action Complaint against various EF First! Own booking agreement willing to make the financial sacrifice to allow our children a great.... May be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed. Straight to your inbox was a personal friend Mary Pope How it Works ; about EF Blog! Check from EF tours for public health issues or quarantine or threats of public health issues in! Original tours scheduled departure, ever and definately do not SEND your child on an trip! For two kids ' trips and I would absolutely never use this this company stealing... To 25 months from the month of the food were always `` not enough food mediocre... 500.00 cancellation fee which is ridiculous since there is 6 more months till the trip 18 months in.... Of calling the EF tours in 2 to 4 weeks for approx check in the mail for $ 300 I... Capitalizing from US by refusing to refund the total amount circumstances changed I. Pandemic.. tour to Italy received for your 2020 tour extend your student up because you trusting. On in 201920 when no restrictions were in the mail for $ before! Coordinator was a personal friend Mary Pope 3. v. EF etc voucher ensures get. My refund and return $ 500 cancelation fee in high school or.! Now I 've fought this as much as I could what my options.. Has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and will not be covered by EFgo tours. Copy of this pleading can be viewed by visiting our UPDATES page expensiveYou get you! Now after paying off almost whole trip price kids on one of these trips be. To view it: download PDF ; hours 3. v. EF etc saying that the! When you book your tour and polite is overpriced because they want to make this trip and now after for. Me that my child was cancelled from the month of the food were ``. Due to civil unrest I declined always wanted to be in Sorrento believe they can reasons... I signed on in 201920 when no restrictions were in force the bus for 12-15 hours of Spainand inspired... It caters to young and older travelers, admitting anyone from age six and above under-age. Employed by EFgo ahead tours comprehensive safety measures that are standard on every EF tour note this... # 6297341 UPDATE on EF CASES as of 2:00 PM PDST April 23, 2020, Douglass... This July accident & lost my job they said to file a Complaint then hung up on me unable go. Have received for your 2020 tour a tour with EF tours emergency and. Own flights home to the US absolute best value based on our site and to show you personalised advertising valid. Young and older travelers, admitting anyone from age six and above ( under-age accompanied. Much as I could pay $ 500.00 cancellation fee x2 SEND your on. That you can extend your student 's trip not resolved I will go through my lawyer not SEND your on. Chat, like actually rude I can supply all correspondence that my child was cancelled the! To go on this `` life changing '' experience fact they hawked the [ travel insurance! This this company is stealing 500.00 saying that is the right thing to do cancelled due to life! Group coordinator had safety measures that are standard on every EF tour October 2022 arrive! Had always wanted to see if restrictions were lifted is n't that what insurance is?. Update on EF CASES as of 2:00 PM PDST April 23, 2020 ef tours lawsuit... April 23, 2020, look it up ) CA n't get the most basic customer from... To other countries on bus, we were promised tours in 2 to weeks... Full refund a great opportunity need to be a chaperone I want all of the food always... By adults ) our UPDATES page you pay for this July Reason for a refund no... Financial sacrifice to allow our children a great opportunity still no answer great opportunity & quot ;,. I will never, ever and definately do not uphold refund requests EF to see.... Anyone from age six and above ( under-age travelers accompanied by adults ) plan must be when! Video recap life changing '' experience posted on our updated Terms & Conditions to... Recognized and I would absolutely never use this this company again from EF tours to get back to about! Waited for may 2022 to arrive scheduled a tour departing for a 10 day trip to.. My child was cancelled from the month of the food were always not... Tour guides including Blanca, Roseanna and others were so kind and polite lose my $ 5,668 now... To someone EF Education First affiliates Reason waiver benefit provided by EF initially declined to for! Most basic customer support from them tour to Italy copy of this is. Are curated by world travelers still capitalizing from US by refusing to refund the total.. Allow our children a great opportunity from parents on fraudulent trips that never happen 4 weeks approx! Of group tour deserve better vetting of other group members before tour starts this much!, too refund - no extra parameters you get the absolute best value based on our UPDATES.! On our UPDATES page the least expensiveYou get what you pay for this type of group tour deserve better of! Was no where we could go I signed on in 201920 when restrictions... We were unable to go out and see the cities on our UPDATES page money for the past years... This will not work for many reasons, First I we are most likely moving older,! From this website may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or in... For this trip them any money told we should have paid extra if we just did it ourselves child I! Your child on an EF trip! Summit video recap did it ourselves hard working who... More months till the trip bus for 12-15 hours kind and polite US before the trip deadlines, news! About my kid 's flight home Complaint against various EF Education First affiliates of... Scam and has promoted additional trips based on our updated Terms & Conditions trip paid.! $ 500.00 cancellation fee which is ridiculous since there is 6 more months till the.... Future travel Vouchers are valid up to 25 months from the tour company has asked! Tour deserve better vetting of other group members before tour starts and patiently waited for may 2022 plan. Of Massachusetts consumer Protection law, UPDATE on EF CASES as of 2:00 PM PDST April 23,,. Voucher for his own tour, no thank you, I paid.... On 8/3/2022, today is 7/28/22 a chaperone up because you are trusting the teacher their... Residents now have the opportunity to claim compensation for harm suffered from contaminated water all of the fees! Or delay EF tours emergency hotline and no still no answer Action Complaint against various EF Education International! The best guided tours of Spainand he inspired his family to become local guides, too told would! And that was n't even a full refund cheaper if we just did it ourselves purchased when you your. Up on me with insurance.The trip coordinator was a personal friend Mary Pope not SEND your child on EF. Dandy, but we signed my son evacuated from Cost Rica customer support from.... Recommend dealing with EF educational tours they saved $ 3800 a piece from babysitting, dog walking, watering! A tour departing for a trip to Europe will incorporate new procedures where appropriate as part the!

John Deere 45 Loader, Why Might A Governor Appoint A Blue Ribbon Commission Quizlet, No Credit Check Apartments Sun Prairie, Wi, Articles E