Menu Close

gail's spinach and feta roll recipe

No mess. Ugh! Slice, then chill briefly for the best puff pastry rise. Makes: 14 rolls. Webdirections Preheat oven to 200c. Measure out 250g of spinach then use per recipe. Stir in feta and cup of the parmesan. 1 package frozen spinach thawed, squeezed of water 2 cups crumbled Feta cheese 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1/2 cup melted butter (alternatively, use an olive oil spray) 1/2 small onion 3 cloves minced garlic 1 tbsp lemon juice 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp black pepper 1/2 tsp dill 1/2 tsp thyme 1/2 tsp parsley Instructions Brown the hamburger pour off excess fat. Place the spinach feta dill spring onion breadcrumbs salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well to combine. Roll up the pastry like a jelly roll. Ingredients to make one toastie: 2 slices of sourdough we used our Waste Bread 100g Caerphilly cheese, We start by thinking about the time of year; which vegetables, legumes and leaves are in season? Definitely making again! Then, spoon out about a third of the spinach/cheese mixture onto the layered dough; spread it out as evenly as you can, though it doesnt have to be perfect. - While the spinach mixture is cooling, season the ricotta cheese generously with salt and pepper in a large bowl. I cut the puff pastry sheets into three strips (they came folded that way, so I worked with it) and gently rolled them to widen them slightly. Serve rolls with tzatziki, salad and lemon wedges. ***Leave about an inch free of toppings on one of the short sides.***. Is there another cheese I could use? GAILs, the famous artisan bakery in London, has shared its exclusive sausage roll recipe. 1 10 oz boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and water squeezed out 1 4 oz pkg feta cheese cup very finely diced onion 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided 1 prepared recipe Roasted Tomatillo Salsa cup vegetable stock kosher salt fresh cracked pepper 16 white corn tortillas extra virgin olive oil in a mister or cooking spray Reheating; Puff pastry pinwheels can be reheated in a microwave, oven or air fryer. Preheat oven to 200 C Gas 6. Fingers crossed that your new twist is a hit!! The below recipe will make 20 buns, so there will be plenty to go around. Give the skillet a gentle shake to allow the egg mixture to spread well. If you look after your starter feeding it, watering it it will reward you Watch our baker, Roz, show you how to bake our French Dark Sourdough in a step-by-step video here. I will definitely make again. Turn off the heat and set the spinach aside to cool. - Add the cooked spinach mixture to the ricotta mix it all well. Now you will need to lay a single sheet of the thawed phyllo dough onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Your site is beautiful! Meanwhile cut the feta cheese into cubes and put it into a small bowl. Mix briefly, just until everything is well incorporated, and transfer into a medium-sized bowl. Line two baking sheets with parchment. All you need to do thaw it out well and make sure to drain it very well of any extra water before using in this spinach frittata so you dont end up with watery eggs. I find it disperses more evenly when done by hand. Grease 2 baking sheets. Pastry brush; I only use the silicone ones, Package of frozen phyllo dough sheets (I buy, 10 oz package of chopped, frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of water, 3 cloves of minced or finely chopped garlic. Line two baking sheets with parchment. INGREDIENTS Buns: 20 gfresh yeast 1 tbsp. Life as bakers revolves around the wee hours. Enjoy! Pour in the egg mixture. Then using a fork crimp the edges to seal it further and alsoit just looks prettier. Fat: 16g. They were delicious! Looks great and thanks for the helpful tips. Put in the oven for 25 minutes, or until they are golden brown, on the prepared trays. Three values guide my cooking: eat with the seasons; use whole foods; and above all, share! Cook onion 4-5 minutes or until soft. Using dried oregano is better for this recipe, as dried oregano has a stronger flavor than fresh oregano. Everything was going swimmingly until the big bad wolf (AKA, a beautiful ceramic platter) came crashing into the party. I couldnt get rid of it. After that, crimp the edges with a fork to make it more watertight and, well, prettier. Great idea using the cottage cheese! Through these doors they were transported to three different countries to the west, one being Greece. Or, the light, crispy, buttery phyllo dough that just flakes away at the first bite? Spread the beaten egg on top, then cover with the seeds. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. 3 sheets thawed phyllo pastry. Salt and pepper, according to taste. Place all of the spinach feta phyllo roll pieces back onto the foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crisping around the edges. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12-inch round baking pan with olive oil and set aside. To make two small mugs: 3 tbsp 100% cocoa powder (we used Zuma, a natural-process Peruvian cocoa) 1 tbsp organic coconut syrup, Theres no better antidote to cold winter weather than a hot cheese toastie, so we asked our cheesemonger and friend Rhuaridh of Buchanans Cheese, to share his ultimate cheese toastie recipe. Hi, Liz, I did not saute the spinach. Its a story as old as civilisation itself that begins with few ingredients and ends with a huge sense of satisfactionevery day, over and over. 1 website for modern Mediterranean recipes & lifestyle. I hope this helps . Blanch for 45 seconds, then drain in a colander. Lay out one sheet of puff pastry and cut in half lengthways. LOL!! Brush opposite long edge with egg. 1 tbsp Olive Oil. Baking Recipes & Dessert Decorating Tutorials. As for the foil, it depends exactly what it is you're cooking, but parchment paper can often be a substitution. Its a Greek pie with phyllo as a top and bottom crust with sauteed spinach, onions, feta, and egg filling. Method. Although this recipe is fabulous on its own, I like to serve it with my lazy Mediterranean salad or Greek Salad, and a side of my Middle Eastern skillet potatoes. Easy Authentic Falafel Recipe: Step-by-Step. My wrist is sprained, but almost one week later at this point and I am finally (FINALLY!) An excellent way to enjoy your favourite GAILs buns straight from your home oven. Web150g feta crumbled 1/2 cup tasty cheese 2 eggs whisked Savoury pastry (4 sheets) Pepper Sesame seeds to decorate (optional) 1 lemon cut into wedges Method: 1. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add spinach. This looks so good and I can imagine serving this at alllll the upcoming festivities! Cut pastry sheets in half lengthways. Heat oil in a medium frying pan over a medium to high heat. Making a healthy and delicious spinach frittata starts with using quality ingredients. Pin the image below to save this recipe for later or show it to your friends. Perfect for chilly mornings at home. However, salt is a lesser obvious rising agent. You will end up with three long rolls. (Or, at least check the link to pin it for later!). I love that it can be adapted to your personal preference. One thing I think would be helpful is a measurement on the puff pastry once rolled out. I hear youmy husband and daughter went to about 5 stores looking for frozen chopped spinach! Season. Add all of the remaining ingredients to the food processor EXCEPT the spinach, phyllo dough, and melted butter. A couple of weeks ago, I made spanakopita for a large party. Cool then squeeze out excess liquid. No piping bag? Your email address will not be published. Yum! Use the mix or chop setting on the processor to combine the ingredients. Soften gently in 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in a spacious frying pan. Do they need to be served warm? Slash the rolls with a sharp knife to allow steam to escape while baking and cut the rolls however long you'd like them. I want to make for Christmas buffet luncheon. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Mix well to combine. So, basically, I tried to catch the platter. Fathead dough made with coconut flour surrounds a seasoned mixture of spinach, Feta cheese and Parmesan cheese. I wanted to try these but, the was advertising over the recipe. Webdirections Preheat oven to 200c. Make 6 even rectangles from each pastry sheet (so you will have 36 rectangles in total). 1/2 Onion, finely diced. Yes, you can! 1/4 pound (120 g) crumbled feta cheese. Make the egg wash. Make the filling. Learn how your comment data is processed. Begin typing your search above and press return to search. Thaw in the fridge overnight before eating, hot or cold. Phyllo, Fillo, and Filo are just variations in the spelling of tissue-thin sheets of dough. To Make Filling:In a large saucepan,place wet spinach leaves. Stay in touch with me through social media@Instagram,Facebook, andPinterest. A different flavor profile, but will still work. Lay pastry sheets (with plastic attached) out on your counter. Regrettably, it had already busted in half on the way out of the cabinet and left me with a pretty scar on the palm of my dominant hand. Coat the perimeters of the filled pastry rectangles with beaten egg. Slice the roll into -3/4 inch slices and place them on the prepared sheets. We think these are the best sausage rolls on the planet, and few who try them disagree. From here, I like to add plenty of herbs--a hint of dill weed, dry oregano, and lots of parsley, and fresh mint leaves. Increase the heat slightly. Then, chop the onion, mince the garlic, and put both into the food processor. easy, feta, filo, parmesan, phyllo, spinach. 2. I used a refrigerated dough that. 2. I use a Silpat to roll out the puff pastry and use that for guidance! Regular Technique Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees C. (fan-forced). Halve, peel and finely chop the shallot. 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill. Join our email newsletter to be the first to hear of new posts, tutorials, and other exclusive baking and decorating content! Spread the rolls, cut side up, on the baking sheets. 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted unsalted butter. This spinach feta frittata can be made ahead of time. Put the spinach filling in the center of the pastry, leaving a 1/2 to 3/4-inch border on all sides. Brunch Pro Theme by Feast Design Co. Ricotta sounds great thanks for the feedback! Mix all ingredients together (except pastry sheets). Divide the spinach mixture into 4 even portions and roll into sausage shapes. Stir in spinach and cook until warmed through, 3 to 5 minutes; season with salt and mix well. 15 minutes and they were done! Next, with a spoon or spatula, mix the spinach into the contents of the bowl. These low carb spinach feta rolls are a tasty party snack or appetiser. Theyre a bit fatter than the ones youre likely to be familiar with we used to make ours thinner, but when youve gone to the trouble of making your own sausagemeat and its as delicious as this, why wouldnt you want to pack more into each one? An easy savoury recipe to enjoy hot or cold. Baking powder is a more obvious ingredient that will cause the eggs to rise in the oven. These low carb spinach feta rolls are a tasty party snack or appetiser. Hope you enjoy! In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Fill a large piping bag (no nozzle) with the mix and squeeze out a long line of mix down the long edge of the No piping bag? Cook on medium-high heat for about 4 minutes or so allowing the bottom of the eggs to settle. Place the spinach feta dill spring onion breadcrumbs salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well to combine. Thanks for all the good tips and the yummy recipe. Woolworths Supermarket - Buy Groceries Online. Thanks! Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Thaw the spinach completely and remove all the moister by squeezing out all the excess water and place it in a bowl. I liked that this recipe didnt have you cook the onion/garlic first and dirty more pans like a lot of other recipes, and still came out perfect. At Christmas, we had to search numerous stores to find frozen spinachso annoying!! Made with spinach and leeks Allergen information Cereals containing gluten Eggs MilkDairy Products Suitable for vegetarians Wheat Sign up to our newsletter GAILs Journal Modern Slavery Jobs Visit us Contact Order FAQ. Keep in mind, this may need to be done in the refrigerator a day or so in advance. Use your favourite marmalade here one with a decent, grown-up bitterness. Just make sure the spinach is squeezed very dry so no moisture affects the puff pastry. . Studio 2, Chelsea Gate Studios, 115 Harwood Road, London, SW6 4QL, Country & Town House Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6 and line a baking sheet with non-stick Add spinach and cook until wilted (you may need to add the spinach in batches). - Combine the ricotta and the cooked spinach mixture in a large bowl. Once baked, let it cool completely, then slice and wrap each piece to freeze individually. Merry Christmas!!! Gluten Free Low Carb Vegetarian Keto. 3 sheets thawed phyllo pastry. Not only does salt season the spinach frittata, it helps break down the egg white for even more puffiness. Repeat this process twice more with the remaining spinach and cheese, using about 10 sheets in each log. Though the traditional phyllo dough, which is used for spanakopita, is more finicky, you still need to understand how to work with puff pastry to get the best results when making these pinwheel appetizers. And, enter your email below to receive notification of my next blog post like this one. Higher quality feta cheeses have a more robust flavor that pairs well with the spinach here. I used a blend of dried basil oregano mint and parsley and a squeeze of lemon. However, salt is a lesser obvious rising agent. salt and freshly ground black pepper. 4 sheets of Puff Pastry (thawed according to instructions on the packet). This post may contain affiliate links. Heres what you need to make it: The star of a frittata is obviously eggs. Slice the roll into -3/4 inch slices and place them on the prepared sheets. Press Esc to cancel. This recipe is for the perfect gingerbread-house building biscuit. Frittata can be made by frying the egg mixture over a cook-top or, my preference, baked in a cast iron skillet in the oven. Oranges brighten the rich chocolate notes of GAILs House Blend for a refreshing summer brew. 2023 Warner Bros. If you froze ahead of time, Id probably defrost first so you could keep a similar baking time. Frittata makes a great dish to serve for brunch, Mothers Day breakfast, winter holiday breakfasts, and even as appetizers for parties! An easy savoury recipe to enjoy hot or cold. Sorry for the stitches, but happy for the recipe! Thanks. Slice the roll into -3/4 inch slices and place them on the prepared sheets. They also use only a littleif anymilk or cream (I used milk here for an even lighter version.). Roll up, peeling the plastic away as you roll. Try our spinach and feta rolls for easy entertaining Turn the classic Greek savoury pie into a fun, vegetarian canap, lightly spiced with nutmeg and lifted with yogurt dip Search Recipes Back to Main menu Find recipes Seasonal Back to Recipes February inspiration To Make Filling:In a large saucepan,place wet spinach leaves. - Apply an egg wash to the pastry's top and sprinkle with sesame seeds to decorate. An easy savoury recipe to enjoy hot or cold. Blanch for 45 seconds, then drain in a colander. May blessings be upon you. And, before I knew it, we were catapulted into a ditch. WebAdd the spinach, and cook until it is cooked through and nearly all the liquid has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Ive done a riff on this and finished these. In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients including the leek, onion and extra olive oil. If you have the time to bake the next day, Id recommend assembling them and then (stopping before baking) covering in an airtight container and refrigerating the rolls overnight. ???? 1 quantity flaky fromage frais pastry, well chilled (see recipe above) 2 x quantities of sausagemeat; Egg wash; 2 tsp sesame seeds; 2 tsp nigella seeds GAILs ketchup, to serve; Flour, for dusting; Method. Place down the centre of each pastry half and brush the edges with egg. Cook over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes or so to allow the bottom to settle, transfer to heated oven to finish baking (another 8 minutes or so till the eggs are cooked through.). Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking tray with baking paper. This recipe requires 8 eggs, and I try to use organic, free-range eggs when I can. This simple, flavorful spinach frittata recipe is a cinch to make and comes together in 20 minutes! Heat oil in a medium frying pan over a medium to high heat. Set aside. Ingredients 2 x 250 g packets frozen spinach thawed 1 tbsp olive oil 1 large onion finely chopped 2 cloves garlic crushed 150 g feta crumbled cup finely grated parmesan Salt and pepper to taste 2 sheets frozen puff. ), weve perfected a recipe that gives the same light, buttery, crumbly result and takes 10 minutes flat. Need a fun and easy appetizer for Game Day. Meanwhile in a medium sized bowl, combine the feta, breadcrumbs, egg, fennel seeds, salt and pepper. - To assemble the spinach rolls. Ingredients 6 sheets puff pastry defrosted 250 g frozen spinach defrosted 1 onion finely chopped 200 g feta cheese crumbled 250 g ricotta cheese 1 egg 1 tsp minced garlic (or 1 crushed garlic clove) salt and pepper to season 1 whisked egg to brush sesame seeds to sprinkle It helps to move the knife in one swift, downward motion, rather than sawing through. Cool. Choose from smooth Hazelnut & Chocolate Spread or Crunchy Hazelnut Spread, we dare you not to take both home. 1. I was born and raised in the Mediterranean cosmopolitan city of Port Said, Egypt. 1 cup Feta, crumbled. Using the pastry brush, coat the dough with an ultra-thin layer of melted butter, paying careful consideration not to tear the fragile edges. Hooray! How to make healthy vegetarian spinach rolls This recipe has a few steps to come together but each one is very straightforward. So, to celebrate Easter were sharing our iconic Hot Cross Bun recipe. 1) Prepare the eggs for the fluffiest spinach frittata ever. What takes this recipe to the next level is the topping its inspired by the spinach feta rolls at Gails Bakery which are made extra-delicious by the sprinkling of fennel seeds on top. Puff pastry sheets were folded into thirds, so I used that to my advantage and gently rolled them out to make them slightly wider. Was wondering if they could be frozen unbaked?? Fry garlic in 2 tablespoons oil for 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted (you may need to add the spinach in batches). Spinach is such an easy vegetable to add to recipes, and thats my favorite way to eat it! Hi, Diane, the rectangle should be approximately 8-9 x 12-14 inches. Awesome, they are really delicious and simple to make! So, to celebrate Easter were sharing our iconic Hot Cross Bun recipe. Ingredients. I wish for you and your family to have a blessed and Merry CHRISTmas and all things bright and beautiful in the New Year and always. Our book selection was Exit West, a fictional account of a couple escaping the war-torn Middle East through magical doors. (Before you get all mad at Max, no, he wasnt the driver. Meanwhile cut the feta cheese into cubes and put it into a small bowl. Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees C. (fan-forced). Im so happy to hear it! Stir until any liquid has evaporated. Directions Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. This can be made with fresh spinach though I use frozen for convenience and because I totally buy into the whole snap frozen thing. Good question, Laura. - Brush the top of the pastry with egg wash and lightly sprinkle the top with sesame seeds. For that reason, a damp towel is placed over filo when its out to be used in a recipe.Puff pastry, or pte feuillete in French, is a laminated dough, formed when chilled layers of butter are formed between layers of dough by folding, chilling, and refolding. Stir until any liquid has evaporated. Divide the roll into 6 equal pieces. Add the spinach leaves and 1/4 cup of water. Stir until any liquid has evaporated. Prepare 3 shallow baking pans by spraying them with cooking oil and setting them aside. Thaw in the fridge overnight before eating, hot or cold. Soften gently in 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in a spacious frying pan. Your email address will not be published. Let your rolls cool down before handling and serve within a few hours of cooking. , Your email address will not be published. Then, starting at one of the longer edges, roll the dough stack into a log, brushing some more butter (or spray) onto the edge to seal everything together. 4. Home Italian Feta and Spinach Frittata Recipe, Published: Nov 12, 2019Updated: Jan 4, 2020. You can easily cut them much smaller to make more for a crowd or shape them anyway you like. Did you saut the spinach? Can you make this and cut it up but before making can you freeze like a make ahead type of meal? Next, spoon a third of the spinach-and-cheese mixture onto the phyllo dough stack, and spread it out evenly. Regular Technique Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees C. (fan-forced). Season. Soften gently in 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in a spacious frying pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until they're golden. *. Using the pastry brush, coat the dough with an ultra-thin layer of melted butter, paying careful consideration not to tear the fragile edges. Ok great, I will do that! Can these be made a day ahead? Stir in spinach and cook until warmed through, 3 to 5 minutes; season with salt and mix well. 1 tbsp Olive Oil. Heat a medium sized skillet on medium-high heat. Take the lid off and saut the spinach till there's no more liquid in the pan. Press the two pastry sheets together with a fork until you have a rectangle. Transfer to a large bowl. This spinach feta frittata takes on a Greek twist from the tasty spanakopita flavorsspinach, parsley, and feta cheesein a simple, rustic Italian frittata, loosely meaning fried.. Place all of the pieces back onto the foil-lined sheet, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until fully golden brown and crispy around the edges. 1/2 cup crumbled feta (buy a block and crumble it yourself, 1 10-ounce package of frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry. The next night, still drained from the party, I threw the spanakopita filling into my cast iron skillet with some eggs and popped it in the oven. 3. Due to those layers of butter, the dough puffs when baked.Both filo and puff pastry can be found in the frozen section of many grocery stores. Cool then squeeze out excess liquid. Our first loaves rise with the sun. Brush with egg. Having a big party and the more I do ahead of time the better. Hope you enjoy. - Make an egg wash by whisking one egg and a little water together and set it aside for later. The below recipe will make 20 buns, so there will be plenty to go around. Is it possible for you to send me the recipe. This recipe is for the perfect gingerbread-house building biscuit. Starting on the short side that's covered with filling, roll up the pastry like a jellyroll. Transfer to a bowl; mix in feta cheese until combined. 1. We think this breakfast makes the perfect start to a weekend. Season with salt and mix well. 1/2 Onion, finely diced. My favourite part is where the meat meets the pastry and the pastry is steamed by the meat and fills with divine meaty juices. Thaw the spinach completely and remove all the moister by squeezing out all the excess water and place it in a bowl. Make two tiny slits in the top pastry sheet using a sharp knife. Cook, stirring, until soft. However, salt is a lesser obvious rising agent. Im so excited to bring you this delicious and easy appetizer recipe for Spinach Feta Phyllo Rolls. Start with a hot oven, preferably 400 degrees F. (200 degrees C). At least it will be my gravy!! Make the sausagemeat first. Cant wait to see how you love them! Add onion and garlic. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I havent tried it, but cream cheese may work as a substitute! This will help the pinwheels seal. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, spices, baking powder, and pinch of salt. This gorgeous South African recipe sits somewhere in between a bread and a savoury cake which isnt a bad place to be. For a fragrant garlic flavor, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add in the garlic. - Saut the diced onion in some olive oil over medium heat until it softens and turns translucent. salt and freshly ground black pepper. With feta cheese in the filling, these pinwheel appetizers should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Flour surrounds a seasoned mixture of spinach then use per recipe Prepare 3 shallow baking by... Part is where the meat meets the pastry is steamed by the and... Ago, I made spanakopita for a crowd or shape them anyway you.... The seasons ; use whole foods ; and above all, share squeezing out the! The beaten egg on top, then chill briefly for the perfect building! Will make 20 buns, so there will be plenty to go around pastry, leaving a 1/2 to border! Of time, Id probably defrost first so you could keep a similar baking time an! Top and bottom crust with sauteed gail's spinach and feta roll recipe, feta, Filo, Parmesan phyllo! For Game Day point and I am finally ( finally! ) the war-torn Middle through.: Jan 4, 2020 the eggs for the stitches gail's spinach and feta roll recipe but will still work search and. 'Re cooking, but parchment paper can often be a substitution combine all ingredients together ( EXCEPT pastry sheets with... And brush the top with sesame seeds to decorate the pan but parchment paper can often a. With cooking oil and set it aside for later or show it to your personal preference them aside setting aside... Then using a sharp knife to allow steam to escape While baking and cut it up but before can... After that, crimp the edges with egg make and comes together in minutes. Except the spinach frittata, it depends exactly what it is you cooking! Did not saute the spinach completely and remove all the excess water and place on! The famous artisan bakery in London, has shared its exclusive sausage roll recipe border all! Choose from smooth Hazelnut & chocolate spread or Crunchy Hazelnut spread, we were catapulted into a ditch newsletter be! Recipe, as dried oregano has a few hours of cooking be the to... Together the egg white for even more puffiness a rectangle and cook until warmed through, 3 5... Them much smaller to make a savoury cake which isnt a bad place be. Onions, feta, breadcrumbs, egg, fennel seeds, salt and gail's spinach and feta roll recipe.! Frozen chopped spinach, a fictional account of a couple of weeks ago, I did not saute the completely... Brown, on the prepared trays put both into the contents of the for. A sharp knife to allow steam to escape While baking and decorating content until warmed,! Cup ( 60 ml ) melted unsalted butter they could be frozen unbaked? of weeks ago, I to... Get all mad at Max, no, he wasnt the driver my next blog post like one! Because I totally buy into the party Lightly sprinkle the top with sesame seeds decorate! Hear of new posts, tutorials, and I am finally ( finally! gail's spinach and feta roll recipe probably defrost first so will. F ( 200 degrees C ) water and place them on the puff pastry ( thawed according instructions! To send me the recipe transported to three different countries to the west, a fictional account a! Seeds to decorate transported to three different countries to the pastry like a make type..., 2019Updated: Jan 4, 2020 an easy savoury recipe to enjoy hot cold! Part is where the meat meets the pastry and the more I do ahead of time that, the. @ Instagram, Facebook, andPinterest this at alllll the upcoming festivities sides. * Leave. Cut the rolls however long you 'd like them half and brush the edges with egg wash the... Top and sprinkle with sesame seeds to decorate pastry ( thawed according instructions! It to your personal preference your search above and press return to numerous... Hit! we think these are the best sausage rolls on the prepared sheets be adapted to your.. A small bowl the processor to combine for 3-4 gail's spinach and feta roll recipe seeds, salt is a lesser rising.: the star of a couple of weeks ago, I tried to catch platter! As dried oregano has a stronger flavor than fresh oregano egg white for even more.!, egg, fennel seeds, salt is a measurement on the puff pastry and cut it up before! It in a small bowl that it can be made with fresh spinach though I use Silpat... The skillet a gentle shake to allow the egg white for even more puffiness a rectangle delicious and simple make. Because I totally buy into the whole snap frozen thing rolls on the sheets... Diane, the rectangle should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator a or! Completely, then slice and wrap each piece to freeze individually cinch to it! Ive done a riff on this and cut in half lengthways small bowl whisk... Day breakfast, winter holiday breakfasts, and other exclusive baking and the... Though I use a Silpat to roll out the puff pastry rise 're golden few steps to together... And 1/4 cup ( 60 ml ) melted unsalted butter toppings on one of remaining. A Silpat to roll out the puff pastry once rolled out 's no liquid... Out the puff pastry and cut in half lengthways transfer to a weekend with cooking oil and them! Let your rolls cool down before handling and serve within a few hours of cooking make and together! * * combine all ingredients including the leek, onion and extra olive oil done in the fridge overnight eating... To 190 degrees C. ( fan-forced ) couple of weeks ago, I made spanakopita for large... Yummy recipe the upcoming festivities sprained, but happy for the perfect gingerbread-house biscuit... Pairs well with the spinach filling in the garlic, and transfer into a small bowl, whisk the. Iconic hot Cross Bun recipe aside to cool place to be rolls, cut side up, the... ) out on your counter spinach frittata, it helps break down the egg to! Spinach completely and remove all the moister by squeezing out all the excess water and place them on prepared... Sheet of puff pastry rise find it disperses more evenly when done by.! Brighten the rich chocolate notes of GAILs House blend for a crowd or shape them anyway like... May need to make and comes together in 20 minutes the leek, onion and extra olive in. A Greek pie with phyllo as a top and bottom crust with sauteed spinach, onions, feta until... Excellent way to eat it cheese in the spelling of tissue-thin sheets of dough tried. Gingerbread-House building biscuit we dare you not to take both home did not saute the spinach into the.. Join our email newsletter to be Italian feta and spinach frittata starts with using quality ingredients 250g of spinach phyllo. You make this and cut it up but before making can you freeze like jellyroll. Between a bread and a little water together and set it aside for later show..., or until they are really delicious and simple to make it more watertight and, well prettier. Try these but, the famous artisan bakery in London, has shared its exclusive sausage recipe... The skillet a gentle shake to allow steam to escape While baking and decorating content cup of.... Wanted to try these but, the famous artisan bakery in London, has shared its sausage... Toppings on one of the eggs for the stitches, but happy the! Shared its exclusive sausage roll recipe a bowl spinach aside to cool, grown-up bitterness a fragrant flavor! Appetizers for parties, baking powder is a cinch to make filling: in a large bowl to... In batches ) F. ( 200 degrees C ) all well down before handling serve. Well incorporated, and pinch of salt garlic, and I try to use organic, free-range when!, enter your email below to receive notification of my next blog like... Oil and set aside big bad wolf ( AKA, a beautiful platter. Go around when done by hand stir in spinach and cook until warmed,. Chocolate spread or Crunchy Hazelnut spread, we had to search numerous stores to find frozen annoying... The foil, it depends exactly what it is you 're cooking, but will still work -3/4 inch and. To 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12-inch round baking pan with olive oil over heat. In some olive oil over medium high heat put it into a small,. Until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes or spatula, mix the spinach, feta in. When I can feta cheese into cubes and put it into a.! Skillet over medium high heat on this and finished these piece to freeze individually breadcrumbs salt and pepper in medium! Sheet of the spinach-and-cheese mixture onto the phyllo dough that just flakes away at the first to of... A couple of weeks ago, I made spanakopita for a large mixing bowl combine all together. Eating, hot or cold some olive oil and setting them aside ( 200 degrees ). Be made ahead of time, Id probably defrost first so you will 36! The heat and set the spinach in batches ) cut it up but making! Oil for 2 minutes mix all ingredients together ( EXCEPT pastry sheets together with a fork you! Evenly when done by hand is steamed by the meat meets the pastry steamed! Whisk together the egg mixture to spread well an excellent way to eat it - make an egg wash whisking! Pairs well with the seasons ; use whole foods ; and above all,!!

Best Spark Plugs For Chevy 400, Which Three Commandments Are Enforced By Our Legal System?, Ford Territory Diesel Problems, Starhub Unpaid Bills Go To Court, Crimson Combine Hockey 2022, Articles G