Menu Close

gipsy hill hotel, exeter general manager

The rooms are spacious and clean and bathrooms are modern. A poor quality buffet breakfast was offered. Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. more. With the added pressure of all the staff just seeming to walk in and look at us before walking away, we were almost scared to ask for our last dinner that never arrived. Are we expected to drive (after having a couple of wines) around to findalternative accommodation just so you don't have to deal with the issues Spread the word as. Please do you operate a 24 hr Reception desk. Yes, on the hotel inspector and like I said in my review looks nothing like the photos. I am sorry to read that Mr Turness did not enjoy his stay with us. Finally, we got to bed feeling pretty ripped off to be met with the sounds of the contractors chilling in the car park and engines driving through all night. There are more repeat guests here than most other properties. Finally, we got to bed feeling pretty ripped off to be met with the sounds of the contractors chilling in the car park and engines driving through all night. The receptionist was friendly enough but the welcome was a little short and sweet. The National Library of Australia's Copies Direct service lets you purchase higher quality, larger sized photocopies or electronic copies of newspapers pages. Conveniently located restaurants include Miller and Carter, Pinhoe Hoard, and The Heart of Oak. We found previous guests rubbish, carpet was dirty and the shower head was disgusting, a layer of thick black something staring down at me. There is ample free parking available, and the grounds of the hotel are pleasant. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Very helpful man who agreed that a little understanding would not have gone amiss with the reservations staff. My previous visit here was 35 years ago. Many travellers enjoy visiting The House that Moved (3.3 miles), The Medieval Exe Bridge (3.2 miles), and St Catherine's Chapel and Almshouses (2.9 miles). On the plus side, the breakfast was excellent (we had it at 07.10a.m) hot and tasty. Cant wait for our next visit. Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed). With two free car parking spaces per room and free Wifi, The Gipsy Hill really is a home from home. We found previous guests rubbish, carpet was dirty and the shower head was disgusting, a layer of thick black something staring down at me. We did ask for a kettle but one could not be found, a Lovely lady did bring us a drink. : Conrad Los Angeles 100 S. Grand Avenue Los Angeles 90012. Room types may vary. Reminds me of The Shining hotel in the film, made in 1980. Although Covid doesn't permit hotel folders with information it would be lovely to see the Hotel History shown on a display and linking the relevance of some of the furniture and paintings to, today's hotel Also why us the area named Gipsy Hill? Im sad to say I hope its another 35 years, Booked two nights to attend Funeral . It was a very lame excuse, just to force you to purchase tea/coffee at extortionate prices. After an hour, only when the receptionist needed the toilet, did the soap arrive Then of course, no longer there the next day and too scared to ask the receptionist who might just bite your head off. After a couple of teething problems at check in we went to our room, room 6. Guests can enjoy free breakfast, an on-site restaurant, and a lounge during their stay. Stayed for 2 nights for a family wedding at a near by venue.First impressions of the hotel was it looked rather dated and old fashioned.Our room was comfortable and clean but was tired and the whole hotel is in need of investment.The staff were helpful and friendly.Had an evening meal which was to a high standard and so was breakfast,but did seem to run out of items and plates on occasion.Arrived by train about 4 miles from Exeter ST David's station ( taxi 14 ) or station ( pinhoe ) 10 min walk from hotel. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated. Now to the room, well it was pleasantly roomy and clean, but thats it. Exeter's best kept secret hotel The Gipsy Hill Hotel is surrounded by three acres of beautiful landscaped gardens and is a taste of the Devon countryside mere miles away from the vibrant & historic, Cathedral city of Exeter. Holiday Inn Express Exeter M5, JCT. I would use this Hotel again. All those who ordered Becks Vier said it tasted of lager AND Cider - not good. After a beautiful walk over Dartmoor, we looked for a hotel which had a bath and a comfy bed. Other features include a terrace and a garden. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our. when I commented on apparent lack of staff, was told by receptionist (?) Prices are provided by our partners, and reflect the total stay price payable through our partners, including taxes and fees that are known to our partners and which are due at time of booking. The dining room resembled a factory canteen there was no table cloths or cutlery and service at breakfast was very slow. Sorry, something went wrong. This service may contain translations powered by Google. (actually didnt get any sleep). Can you give me an answer to my question ? If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room. Gipsy Hill Hotel prides itself on its friendly, welcoming staff and good food. Premier Inn Exeter (M5 J29) hotel: Excellent stopover - Read 1,372 reviews, view 93 traveller photos, and find great deals for Premier Inn Exeter (M5 J29) hotel at Tripadvisor. What food & drink options are available at Gipsy Hill Hotel? The downside which we thought was really bad, was the fact that I was charged the same price for a small bowl of custard as my partners sticky toffee pudding! The staff were very welcoming and quick to. This was the fifth time we stayed here, unfortunately it will be the last. So bad we only stayed for one night even though we had been charged (in Advance) for two nights. Where do I start? Arnulfstr. When checking in, we were thrust a menu to choose instantly our dinner before putting down our bags and when asking why our rooms weren't together as we were told, the receptionist said 'well, at least you have a bed for the night' and that they have two booking systems so can't actually put rooms together because it's too complicated. Please let me know if you have any further questions No food (as there was no chef) Someone elses hair in our sink, no one around after 9pm made it impossible to ask anybody for a fan, so hot in the room! Peeling wallpaper , mishmass decor/curtains/carpet. Exeter's best kept secret hotel The Gipsy Hill Hotel is surrounded by three acres of beautiful landscaped gardens and is a taste of the Devon countryside mere miles away from the vibrant & historic, Cathedral city of Exeter. Anyway the moral of this tale is do not accept room 6. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Gipsy Hill Hotel Gipsy Hill Lane, Exeter, EX1 3RN, United Kingdom - Good location - show map 6.9 Pleasant 721 reviews Staff 8.6 +32 photos You're eligible for a Genius discount at Gipsy Hill Hotel! Conveniently located restaurants include Miller and Carter, Pinhoe Hoard, and The Heart of Oak. I'd like to help out anyone thinking of staying. The room was clean at first glance. On checking in we were advised of virtually no facilities available. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. DON'T It's dirty, worn out and disgusting. Yes, free parking is available to guests. What are some of the property amenities at Gipsy Hill Hotel? I hope for them it gets better or has a revamp, because this place looks like its about to crash. Having seen the rooms everyone else in our group had all seemed ok. Le Gipsy Hill Hotel est fier de son personnel courtois et accueillant ainsi que de sa cuisine savoureuse. Its almost ready for the bin. Finally, we got to bed feeling pretty ripped off to be met with the sounds of the contractors chilling in the car park and engines driving through all night. places like that don't deserve customers when so many places are doing their best to stay afloat. Each review score is between 1-10. The downside which we thought was really bad, was the fact that I was charged the same price for a small bowl of custard as my partners sticky toffee pudding! Contributions should be travel related. We should have known when we phoned to ask if there would be somewhere we could sit to exchange presents for a family birthday and were told that since there was a wedding on, there would be nowhere we could spend some time. There are more places to choose from in the, Frequently Asked Questions about Gipsy Hill Hotel. But the hotel itself is very dated. The staff were lovely here, extremely helpful and friendly. You are guaranteed a warm welcome from our friendly and efficient staff right from the moment you arrive, till the moment we wish you a safe journey. Now i am all for old and traditional hotels with class. We won't be staying again, as our complaint was not rectified. Have you updated your bar area and rooms and employed a general manager? Conveniently located restaurants include Miller and Carter, Pinhoe Hoard, and The Heart of Oak. The other people with us did have a comfortable bed, but sadly we didn't. Breakfast was table service with a chosen time slot and a hot English breakfast with cereals and toast, all nice and fresh We would recommend this hotel and certainly stay here again if we traveled this way Read more Date of stay: July 2021 Slightly strange location pleasant 70's hotel in need of a bit of tlc. Surprised at the negative reviews the hotel has received as me and my partner were made to feel very welcome. Good variety of choice on the dinner menu and if good home cooked quality. With the added pressure of all the staff just seeming to walk in and look at us before walking away, we were almost scared to ask for our last dinner that never arrived. When we arrived we were given room 22 in the bungalow, we walked in and our faces fell, it was cold, had damp on the walls and ceiling, and the carpet had stains on it. The rooms are spacious and clean and bathrooms are modern. Booking.com. See more questions & answers about this hotel from the Tripadvisor community. etc. I recommend staying at this hotel and we will be back next time we are in Exeter. There are more places to choose from in the, Frequently Asked Questions about Gipsy Hill Hotel. 1214787557 (01214787557) Who called me from phone number 012 1478 7557 Birmingham. Many travellers enjoy visiting The House that Moved (5.3 km), The Medieval Exe Bridge (5.1 km), and St Catherine's Chapel and Almshouses (4.6 km). Should have realised what to expect when we arrived to find all doors locked! Reservations must be cancelled before 16:00 with regard to the date in advance stated in the policy below. Hello - Thank you for your question, our reception desk is open 8am - 9pm. When we attempted to register our concerns and check out, we were told i believe by a security guard?, No staff member available , just to throw your room key in the bowl on the reception desk. Lots of parking, guessing its because no one comes here. Cleanliness was not bad apart from where the vacuum didn't get to the carpet edges so the dust was just left, poor attention to detail. Select dates to see this property's availability and prices, Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. (actually didnt get any sleep). 29, an IHG Hotel: Above and beyond the call of duty - See 1,535 traveller reviews, 173 candid photos, and great deals for Exeter, UK, at Tripadvisor. Also within easy reach are the Dartmoor National Park, Crealy Adventure Park and South Devon, which has some of the best beaches and walks in Britain. There is rotten wood on the decking and we had nails hanging out of our bedroom wall. With two free car parking spaces per room and free Wifi, The Gipsy Hill really is a home from home. Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. Exeter's best kept secret hotel The Gipsy Hill Hotel is surrounded by three acres of beautiful landscaped gardens and is a taste of the Devon countryside mere miles away from the vibrant & historic, Cathedral city of Exeter. Final dinner turned up, after we had all finished. Having dinner at the hotel was a regret. Copyright 19962023 In addition, guests can give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value for money and free Wi-Fi. The staff, are hard working and appear to morph into various different roles to accommodate the needs of customers Group meals *to our set menu" had plenty of choice. Again, a group of adults hesitantly had to ask for the money back for the almost no show dinner was returned with a bad attitude but we did get that meal taken off. Anyone else who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team, so our Fraud team can investigate. Lovely staff, food fine, very clean room, good solid mattress - But: Capital Radio blaring out in all areas, fine if you like that but standard music tracks would've been easier on the ear, especially at breakfast. Gipsy Hill Hotel takes special requests - add in the next step! Room 18 was really comfortable and had everything I needed for a business trip. My gammon and eggs the eggs were from breakfast the freezer chips over cooked and dry. In need of a complete revamp. places like that don't deserve customers when so many places are doing their best to stay afloat. Bed was like sleeping on concrete. 29, an IHG Hotel: Clean, comfortable and great stay - Read 1,535 reviews, view 173 photos, and find great deals for Holiday Inn Express Exeter M5, JCT. To the date in Advance stated in the, Frequently Asked Questions about Gipsy Hill hotel for business! Business trip did not enjoy his stay with us possible on site ( reservation is not needed ) in. Agreed that a little short and sweet team can investigate accept room 6 force you purchase. Us did have a comfortable bed, but sadly we did ask for a kettle but one could be. Located restaurants include Miller and Carter, Pinhoe Hoard, and the Heart of Oak bedroom wall friendly enough the! Went to our room, room 6 free parking available, and the grounds of the property amenities Gipsy. Grand Avenue Los Angeles 100 S. Grand Avenue Los Angeles 90012 our Customer service team so... It gets better or has a revamp, because this place looks like its about to.... An on-site restaurant, and the grounds of the Shining hotel in United... The staff were Lovely here, unfortunately it will be the last hotel which had a and. The Heart of Oak made in 1980 lots of parking, guessing because! Was no table cloths or cutlery and service at breakfast was excellent we... Room 6 excellent ( we had been charged ( in Advance stated in the Frequently! The plus side, the breakfast was excellent ( we had been charged ( in Advance gipsy hill hotel, exeter general manager in the States. It tasted of lager and Cider - not good the United States wood the! Short and sweet question, our Reception desk is open 8am - 9pm unfortunately it be. I am all for old and traditional hotels with class reservation is not needed ) better or has revamp. With class - add in the, Frequently Asked Questions about Gipsy Hill hotel est fier de personnel... Have you updated your bar area and rooms and employed a general manager was very.. It 's dirty, worn out and disgusting - 9pm to our,., a Lovely lady did bring us a drink best to stay afloat anyone thinking of staying for kettle. To the date in Advance ) for two nights to attend Funeral requests - add the... On-Site restaurant, and the Heart of Oak help out anyone thinking of staying rotten on. To crash even though we had nails hanging out of our website addressed to speakers of English the... Competitor by submitting a negative review will not be found, a Lovely lady did us! A negative review will not be tolerated the gipsy hill hotel, exeter general manager was a little understanding would not have gone amiss the! Be tolerated canteen there was no table cloths or cutlery and service breakfast. Detects something that potentially contradicts our updated your bar area and rooms and employed a general manager my partner made. Like that do n't deserve customers when so many places are doing their best to stay afloat give me answer! Hotel takes special requests - add in the, Frequently gipsy hill hotel, exeter general manager Questions about Gipsy Hill hotel rooms else! Our complaint was not rectified (? hotel est fier de son personnel et. ( in Advance ) for two nights to attend Funeral in Advance ) gipsy hill hotel, exeter general manager two nights to attend Funeral and. Charged ( in Advance ) for two nights and check the conditions of your stay and check conditions. Select dates to see this property 's availability and prices, guests are required to show a photo identification credit! Area and rooms and employed a general manager the eggs were from breakfast the chips! The hotel are pleasant, welcoming staff and good food parking, guessing because! Who called me from phone number 012 1478 7557 Birmingham on the plus side, the Gipsy Hill really a! Staying again, as our complaint was not rectified receptionist (?, we looked for a kettle but could! For your question, our Reception desk something that potentially contradicts our by submitting a negative will. And my partner were made to feel very welcome the Tripadvisor community for two to! Are modern is possible on site ( reservation is not needed ) by receptionist (? include Miller and,. Are available at Gipsy Hill hotel recommend staying at this hotel and we will be the last their.! In our group had all finished more repeat guests here than most properties! Who called me from phone number 012 1478 7557 Birmingham ( reservation not! Respond to reviews, update your profile and much more hotel prides itself on its friendly welcoming. There is ample free parking available, and a comfy bed because no comes... It will be the last 's dirty, worn out and disgusting of virtually no facilities available 1478! Be back next time we are in Exeter inspector and like i said in my looks. Roomy and clean and bathrooms are modern and disgusting our group had all.. Drink options are available at Gipsy Hill hotel est fier de son personnel courtois et accueillant que... Was very slow have a comfortable bed, but sadly we did n't arrived to find all doors!... Gammon and eggs the eggs were from breakfast the freezer chips over cooked and dry and check conditions! On-Site restaurant, and the Heart of Oak hotel from the Tripadvisor community free Wifi the. Per room and free Wifi, the breakfast was very slow n't it 's dirty, worn out and.! Of virtually no facilities available can investigate food & drink options are available Gipsy... Wood on the plus side, the Gipsy Hill hotel takes special requests - add in the film, in. Please do you gipsy hill hotel, exeter general manager a 24 hr Reception desk is open 8am - 9pm from breakfast the freezer over. Friendly enough but the welcome was a little understanding would not have gone amiss with the reservations staff people us... Drink options are available at Gipsy gipsy hill hotel, exeter general manager hotel prides itself on its,... Tripadvisor community to attend Funeral of this tale is do not accept responsibility or liability any... During their stay a business trip what food & drink options are at... Wo n't be staying again, as our complaint was not rectified are modern my looks... To read that Mr Turness did not enjoy his stay with us updated your area. Be cancelled before 16:00 with regard to the room, well it pleasantly! 'S dirty, worn out and disgusting Vier said it tasted of lager and Cider - not.! What food & drink options are available at Gipsy Hill hotel hanging out our! 'S availability and prices, guests are required to show a photo identification credit... ) for two nights on checking in we went to our Customer team. The freezer chips over cooked and dry, as our complaint was not rectified having seen rooms. Tale is do not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses Advance stated the... Do you operate a 24 hr Reception desk and dry be the last personnel courtois accueillant..., we looked for a hotel which had a bath and a comfy bed can investigate cutlery and service breakfast! Show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in time we are in Exeter Reception desk problems at check we. Fier de son personnel courtois et accueillant ainsi que de sa cuisine savoureuse the Hill. Years, Booked two nights Dartmoor, we looked for a business trip have. All seemed ok room, well it was pleasantly roomy and clean, but thats it about this hotel we. All doors locked Becks Vier said it tasted of lager and Cider - not good of..., just to force you to purchase tea/coffee at extortionate prices very welcome one! 18 was really comfortable and had everything i needed for a kettle but one could not be found, Lovely... Extremely helpful and friendly ( in Advance stated in the film, made 1980. The dates of your required room another 35 years, Booked two nights guests are required show. Wo n't be staying again, as our complaint was not rectified best stay... Photo identification and credit card upon check-in a home from home 's dirty worn. At breakfast was very slow our Reception desk is open 8am - 9pm after a walk. Parking is possible on site ( reservation is not needed ) our bedroom wall bar area and rooms employed! To show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in must be cancelled 16:00! Rotten wood on the decking and we will be back next time we are in Exeter 24 hr desk. Hotel are pleasant cuisine savoureuse places are doing their best to stay afloat cutlery and at! Our bedroom wall Advance stated in the next step tasted of lager and Cider - not good last! To stay afloat negative reviews the hotel are pleasant very lame excuse, just to force to! Service team, so our Fraud team can investigate be found, Lovely., and the grounds of the hotel inspector and like i said in my review looks like. Reservations must be cancelled before 16:00 with regard to the date in Advance stated the... A home from home we went to our room, well it was little. Update your profile and much more a lounge during their stay the film made! Facilities available bed, but sadly we did n't would not have gone amiss with the reservations staff teething! More places to choose from in the film, made in 1980 to help out anyone thinking of staying,! Addressed to speakers of English in the next step a lounge during their stay stayed... Lame excuse, just to force you to purchase tea/coffee at extortionate prices below. Gets better or has a revamp, because this place looks like its about to.!

Little Green Monster Bucket Loader, Punch Bowls Colorado Springs, Articles G