Menu Close

michelle obama alpha kappa alpha

dst.. All organizations share that distinction. Records, 19762005 (inclusive), 1978-2004 (bulk): A Finding Aid", "North Carolina Central chancellor dies after cancer battle", "Senator Frederica S. Wilson - Minority (Democratic) Leader Pro Tempore", "Changing the Face of Medicine: Dr. Dorothy Celeste Boulding Ferebee", "Gladys West's work on GPS 'would impact the world', "Mathematician inducted into Space and Missiles Pioneers Hall of Fame", "Epsilon Pi Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. - Our Chapter Members", "Directory of Cumberland County Judicial Officers", "Florida Supreme Court Justice Profile of Peggy A. Quince", "New D.C. Superior Court Judge to be Sworn-in Friday", "Challenges and Success in Creating Community Based Food Systems", "Kamala D. Harris, San Francisco District Attorney", "Kamala Harris sets course as new attorney general", "D.C.-Area Voters Find Fewer Lines Than Expected At Most Polling Places", "Sorority Mourns Loss of California Rep. Millender-McDonald", "Sorority Supports Move to Sever Relations with Cherokee Nation", "AKA International Region: Historical Overview", "Johnson-Sirleaf Inaugurated as Liberian President", "Attorney General made honourary member of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority", "Palmetto Missionary Baptist Church: Our Pastor", "SEJ Ministries with Young People, Upcoming events", "Metamorphosis Women - Executive Director", "Skee-Wee! Former GMA3 Co-Anchors T.J. Holmes & Amy Robachs Steamy Romance Takes Center Stage Amid Unemployment Woes, Shocking Twist In XXXTentacion Murder Case: Defense Points Finger at Drake, Judge Orders Rapper To Sit For Deposition, Rich Dollaz's Daughter Arrested For Allegedly Shooting At Her Child's Father (Against Whom She Has A Restraining Order) After He Arrives At Her Job, Tory Lanez Shooting Trial Evidence Leaks: Torys Apologetic Jail Call, Kelseys September Statement, Gunshot Audio, Megs Ambulance Footage, Witness 911 Call, Emancipation Producer Called Out For Bringing Slavery Photo Of Whipped Peter To Premiere + Will Smith, Jada, Tiffany Haddish, DaBaby & More Hit The Carpet, We're Still GAGGED Over The Oscars Red Carpet Fabulousness, 2021 AMAs Red Carpet: A Masked Cardi B, Baddie Chloe Bailey, Braided Beauty Marsai, Coi Leray & More, Megan Thee Stallion Shines At Surprise Birthday Bash After Social Media Hiatus, Diddy & Yung Miami Get Kissy At His Birthday Party After She Gifts Him Iced Out Chain + Daphne Joy Gets Flirty With Him For His BDay, Cardi B Gets RED HOT For Her Dirty 30 Burlesque-Themed Bash, Offset Gifts Her New Birkin Bag & Richard Mille Watch + Jamie Foxx Denied Entry, SWORN IN: Wes Moore Inaugurated As Marylands First Black Governor, Oprah Delivers Touching Speech, POLITICAL CHAOS: Kevin McCarthy Loses 6th Speaker Vote, Hakeem Jeffries Elected Leader of House Democrats + GOP Alternative Byron Donalds Claps Back At Cori Bush, UNDEFEATED! As a testimony to the vibrancy of the sorority, July 13, 2008 is officially AKA Sorority Day in Washington, D.C., Copyright 2018 Kristin M. Gray. And if she was so successful herein America, why wasnt she proud of her country until very recently. The sorority also bestows honorary membership as its highest honor.[3]. No one, at least not in their right mind or self-esteem. This means she has no official duties or affiliation with that Fraternity, which is basically a College/University Fraternity. Sen. Raphael Warnock Wins Georgia Senate Runoff Against GOP Nominee Herschel Walker, Chlo Bailey Faces Fierce Backlash For Collaborating With Chris Brown + Breezy Responds to Kiely Williams' Criticism, Quality Control - Home To City Girls, Lil Baby & Migos - Reportedly Sells For $300M+ To Scooter Brauns K-Pop Based Company, QC Honcho Pierre Thomas Responds To Critics. Was it not our founders to fought adversity in a predominately white environment to bring about CHANGE?! I have a bachelors degree and TWO (count them) MBAs. She was a Golden Soror and Life Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. civil rights activist; first African-American woman to work at a white newspaper, award-winning author, celebrity journalist, former beauty queen, actress, model, producer, social activist and philanthropist, scholar, author, professor of African American Cultural Studies, Law, and Bioethics, writer; granddaughter of Ethel Hedgeman Lyle, principal dancer, River City Ballet Company; founder and Artistic Director, Ballet on Wheels, core dancer, Lindy Hop All-star Dancers; winner of 2004 American Lindy Hop Championships Open Showcase division; winner of 2003 New York Lindy Hop Open Champions Routine division, producer, Five Sisters Production Company, Mrs. United States 2007; Mrs. Michigan America 2010; Mrs. Michigan International 2005; Mrs. Michigan Galaxy 2006, Mrs. District of Columbia America 2009; Mrs. Maryland United States 2005, Miss Black Delaware 1996; University Dean, first African-American woman invited to sing at the White House, R&B singer and songwriter; lead background vocalist for, one of two African-American hosts for the, Emmy Award-winning investigative reporter, education activist, trained Rosa Parks during workshops at Highlander Folk School School, civil rights advocate and social reformer, first African-American woman to head the Urban League in Washington, D.C.; personal confidante to first lady Eleanor Roosevelt. There are people with negative attributes in ALL nine BGLOs, so to insinuate that AKA is the only one with undesirables would be such a fabrication. The Harvard put her on their list as 58th of 100 most influential women. Why you're soooo concerned is very strange to me. some member of the sorority attempt to change its name, colors and motto! CannotHelpButWonder Does. How long before Obamas haters put some kind of negative, elitist spin on THIS? The first African American FIRST Lady??? You may then be asked to log in, create an account if you don't already have one, The pretty members are stuck-up & out of the 30, 60, and 100+ plus groups that cross- be serious- not many are still active and financial and virtually none learn their history or their line sisters names. You should be a comedian. We are down to business and surround ourselves with community service individuals with goals and grades. : No. [Michelle Obama] is the epitome of what the sorority stands for." If Sen. Obama is elected president in November, his wife will be the second first lady inducted into Alpha Kappa. She most recetly played the widowed wife of former fictional heavyweight champion Apollo Creed in the latest installment of the Rocky movie franchise, Creed. All the extra is so unnecessary. Congratulations to AKA and M. Obamawhatever works for you. So before you start challenging sorors from DIFFERENT sororities KNOW THEIR HISTORY! they are known as letter wearers and I personally know some in every organization so stop acting like just AKAs have this problem. The congratulations are just veiled attack attempts. Sweetheart we'll stop calling ourselves "Pretty Girls" when you and YOUR sorors stop branding the BabyPhat symbol on your bodies. Why would you a woman who is supposed to be a lady (and this goes for the other women who bicker about which organization is better) who represents a great organization like yours portray yourself in this manner? *** See not one negative comment about any of my D9 sistergreeks***, I am in total shock. Obama Gets Cranky About Alpha Kappa Alpha. Our process does not concern you, so what do you care for? Why would Deltas be jealous? Sasha Obama will have an easy in to one of University of Michigan's most prosperous sororities if she chooses to rush. Lets celebrate Michelles assent into the elite. If she is inducted, she cannot receive honorary membership in another sorority. Freemasonry and Fraternities Part 2 pages 1-44. http://chronicle.com/blogs/election/2254/michelle-obama-joins-alpha http://www.scribd.com/doc/14209009/Freemasonry-and-Fraternities-Part-2. kappa alpha psi ritual docshare tips Oct 24 2022 web kappa alpha psi was founded at indiana university on january 5 1911 and incorporated as a national greek letter college fraternity under the laws of the state . What happened, has happened. At the time, Michelle's representative said the first lady's acceptance was non-exclusive. I don't understand where all the hate is coming from. I just wished it were not like that and more about community service like the Delta's. Joey Bada$$ & Serayah's Cozy Photo Fuels Dating Speculations, 'BMF' Actress Hints At Split From Jacob Latimore. ANGIE WARD: 44th President Barack and First Lady Michelle Obama Fellowship - To inspire future scholars toward engaging their communities and catalyzing social forces to lead global change. This Just In: Michelle Obama Inducted As An Honorary Member Of AKA! AKA19081stand Foremost.. all the orignal memebers dropped out and formed another sorority. Im a six-figured exec and no dummies get to where I am- trust. No one goes from Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. to Zeta. I LOVE THEM, THEY SET GOOD EXAMPLES FOR EVERY HOUSE HOLD. Since a Delta was the first black woman to run for president, how cute is it to let the AKA be the wife of the person running for presidentnot the actual candidate. Lawmakers will weigh in on Mr. Obamas comments on the Sunday shows. Report an Issue | With those words, a collective gasp unfolded throughout the throng as members stood and clapped, danced in the aisles and pointed their pinky fingers skyward. How is calling members of Alpha Kappa Alpha "superficial" hating? Some things never change.. and whoever that is that wants to forward Essence articlesI have some articles of my own on a certain sorority that was referred to as an organized gang by the police investigating their activities that led to arrests, criminal charges and sorority expulsionslets not play that way.. uum k? Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Mentoring Program | Michelle Obama School of Technology and the Arts Michelle Obama School of Technology and the Arts News Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Mentoring Program Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Mentoring Program Kristin Foster SEP 03, 2020 Hello SD 163 Families! But tonight a spokeswoman for Mrs. Obama, Katie McCormick Lelyveld, said: Because of her respect for each of the historically black sororities and fraternities, her membership is non-exclusive. Usually, once a member gets inducted into a sorority, they are unable to join any other sorority. src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=2501894830055909&ev=PageView&noscript=1" As for Barack Obama, back when he was a. Mrs Obama I fear will will be felled by her bluntness so that in the future that comparison will seem less applicable. AKA is not a fraternity or secret society. I don't have bad words to say, just that I hope the true mission of service continues to be at the forefront of everyone's minds and agendas. Readmore, Congress approved funding for equipping Syrian rebels against Islamic States and lawmakers will discuss their votes on several of the Sunday shows.Readmore, President Obama vowed to degrade and ultimately destroy ISIS in a speech he gave on Wednesday. CORRECTION: A previous version of this article listed Michelle Obama and Toni Braxton as members of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Please go live your life with your second choice of DST and be happyif you can. I am a proud Member of Zeta Phi Beta sorority, and personally I could careless of which organization has welcomed her. Its a sorority (which means REAL men shouldnt catch so many feelings about whats going on with it- FRATERNITIES are for MEN). real women wear 10 pearls and 2 rubies It was interesting and informative. Michelle Obama is an 'honorary member' only. Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. has the distinction of being the first African-American sorority. I was approached too, but I looked at the substance of Delta and once I realized what Delta stood for and what they accomplished.it was a no brainer. Michelle wants to make sure we know shes an elitist. Will someone please tell Michelle Obama that membership in AKA is exclusive. Skeeeee Weeeee to my new soror Michelle Obama and all of my sorors who have posted. The Caucus on Monday suspended its campaign. [/quote] By Samantha Henig. OO-OOP!!! That is all[/quote] We, the ladies of DST, tend to be more selective. Shorty Lo- Most have a life. The talented actress who has earned roles in Tyler Perry's "The Haves and the Have Nots," HBO's Bessie, the "Ride Along" movie series, and who is playing First Lady, Michelle Obama, in the upcoming Barack Obama biopic Southside with You, was inducted yesterday [] Can you say the same about your Founding and Incorporation? will be made not even for Mrs. Obama. pastor, Harris Chapel United Methodist Church, pastor of Allen Chapel A.M.E. Church in South, first African-American woman to become a bishop; second woman to become a bishop in the, first African-American woman to win an Olympic Gold Medal and first American woman to win a gold medal in track and field during the. Who thinks that? If you look at each orgs national website, their famous members are flashing across the screens (ours is a variety of women from homemakers to execs to chefs to military personnel though so we brag on ALL of our AKAamplished sorors for there are more than MANY- I digress). Or maybe since the AKA's were the only organization to speak out defending Mrs. Obama, She felt we truly exemplified sisterhood and decided to join. I wonder She has good looks and a statuesque figure. I love the AKA.. any woman with A Killer Ass is good to go. She would be foolish to limit herself to just the AKAs. Shorty Lo- are u a perp????? "The role of the university art museum and gallery. I would urge her to decline the invitation and work with all fraternities and sororities to address problems in our communities. Finally, People reall need to wake up. I cannot understand how you can write college-level papers and not know these things! Whats up with all the ridiculousness?? [quote comment="140541"]Whats up with all the ridiculousness?? Anyway, 1-9-1-3 shout out to my sorors! PEOPLE!!!! Powered by, Badges | What I can't understand is why all the bashing? tHE PERSON WHO WROTE THAT IS CLEARLY INCREDIBLY STUPID. It seems that everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon. But I could be wrong, maybe Michelle Obama learned a whole lot of history before "accepting her invitation." Ok yeah- when do we get to a point where we tell these "already powerful women" what they can and cannot do? Pamela, thanks for making that comment. In July 2008, she actually accepted an invitation to become an honorary member of ALPHA KAPPA ALPHA SORORITY, INC., the . The platform in which each sorority was founded speaks volumes about their total existence. founding pastor of the Palmetto Missionary Baptist Church, District Superintendent, Northeast District, United Methodist Church. Rosa Parks, Coretta Scott King, etc. I think i went over this in the Doctrine under a thread called "Sleep or See" part 2, I been aware of the connection since the 90's, this is nothing new for me, but for those that are not aware. I could not agree more. So I know I cannot change how Greek women interact but can we please at least pretend to have some couth, if this was before, 1970, Michelle Obama would of never been an AKA. We are all members of the Divine 9 so therefore she is a part of us! Heres The Latest On Single-Again Kanye Wests Harassing Social Media Posts Aimed At Kim K, Lil Tjay & Ice Spice Deny Dating Rumors Despite Lavish $150K Richard Mille Watch Gift, T.J. & Amys Life After Getting Fired From ABC: Luxe Jewelry Shopping Spree For Amy's Birthday, Anchors Reportedly Eyeing NewsNation For Jobs, Babyface Divorce Settlement: Singer Ordered To Pay Ex-Wife $37K/Month, Allegedly Dating German Model, Oh? sororities and fraternities are often called. A question is a statement followed by a question mark. On Jul 14, 2008 at 9:42 pm | Reply | Quote If she can get in there and do what she has to do to get the job done, then so be it. Alpha Kappa Alpha was started in the early 1900's at Howard University and has maintained it's commitment to spreading African-American sisterhood on campus' everywhere. MRS. OBAMA AND HER FAMILY IS THE BIZZZNEEESSSS! That being said, Im outie SGRho. Before going to college, I knew a lot of lovely AKA members, but when I got on campus, I learned witnessed the image put out by members and I was appalled. The younger members of AKA that I know are insecure and petty (not pretty). However, a spokeswoman for Obama told the New York Times that because of her respect for each of the historically black sororities and fraternities, her membership is non-exclusive. xoxo, A comparison I wouldnt wish on anyone As we now know, Jackie Kennedy was long suffering while her husband ran around with Marilyn Monroe and many others. I know both sororities do wonderful things nationally and even globally. Why dont you do yourself a favor and talk If you are truly beautiful, you don't need to call yourself "pretty." However it's amazing for me to hear AKA's claim that my sorority would not have existed without them? The sorority, which also counts Brown University President Ruth J. Simmons among its honorary members, told The New York Times that once Ms. Obama is inducted into the sorority, she cannot join any of the other divine nine, as black sororities and fraternities are often called. She is about to make history as the first AA first-lady and she can do more good by helping ALL sororities DST, ZPB, SGRho, instead of siding with just one. As for Malia , we don't know if she pledged at Harvard. She said the African-American doll, a product that ironically did not exist during Alpha Kappa Alphas founding in 1908, would help combat the infamous findings of the 1954 and 2005 doll studies which concluded that many African-American youngsters preferred White toys. that chose her, AKA, has the reputation for being the prettiest, most elegant (and somewhat studious) women. to some black people and ask them their thoughts and history of the black Greeks and you might actually learn something. if you pledged delta, and you did not like what it stood for, would you create a new sororityduh For example: I quote: "and correct me if I am wrong, but isn't AKA actually a social organization?" Kizzy wrote: I love your green top on your profile pic.. Michelle knows what's up. If you are truly beautiful, you don't need to call yourself "pretty." As the Institute's reputation and enrollment increased, however . causes and they enjoy an occasionally friendly rivalry at events such as step-shows. Jet Magazine. Salma Rice wrote: I am amazed at the sheer numbers of haters in this world. Please make sure your computer, VPN, or network allows Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator. Before going to college, I knew a lot of lovely AKA members, but when I got on campus, I learned witnessed the image put out by members and I was appalled. Although it is not her sole responsibility, but I, too, hope that she provides a new perspective within the organization. The most likely cause of this is a content blocker on your computer or network. All members of the D9 have them. What then, is wrong with a fraternity or sorrority? I just dont get it therefore, AKA founded DST too! Wow, after reading these comments I' am a bit shocked at all the negative attacks and hatred things each groups are saying about one another. On the occasion of our centennial celebration, we look forward to embracing them as members of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority.. Michelle Obama being inducted as an honorary aka is small beans compared to the numbers of college educated folks that don't know the proper usage of the words "to," "too," and "two" (Mister A-Phi-A I'm talking to you here). The collectible doll, which will be sold at Wal-mart stores nationwide for $50, is also a significant business and financial plume for the sorority which will receive a percentage profit from each toy sold. I also have to make it clear that Soror Sheila Jackson Lee (prominent Clinton supporter) was hard pressing the issue for Hillary Clinton. Essence, People, Newsweek, and Vanity Fair I also thought sweetie- it was not a relative. Joining different organizations is often seen as an indicator of personality Thank you Michelle! No member who made the choice for themselves should be jealous. [/quote] ", "NABJ Awards USA Today's Yamiche Alcindor, Emerging Journalist of the Year", National Association of Black Journalists, "Howard University homecoming showcases black Greek tradition", "About The Author - Black Woman Redefined", "Phenomenal Women of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority", "Ladies of Alpha Eta Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated", "A Soror of Alpha Kappa Alpha From Michigan Was Just Crowned Miss Black USA", "Temple graduate Danica Tisdale placed in the top 10 of the Miss America pageant this weekend", "Judges for Annapolis Opera's Seventeenth Vocal Competition", http://www.tiffanymonique.com%7Caccess-date=2008-03-01, "Rising rapper overcame Muslim family opposition to follow Jesus", "A Once-in-a-Century Celebration: Over 20,000 members to assemble for historic gathering", "Who Is Sharon Epperson? 20 AKA pearls who are changing the world. Why is this on the blog? In fact all twenty two members were members of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated. I have been an avid supporter of Obama & campaign contributor, but frankly this makes me SICK to my stomach & I will not contribute another dollar. SKEE WEE. Most of those women that are claim as doing so much are all honorary members who were successful before. So before you start being "no your history patrol woman", please know what YOU'RE talking about! She created a legacy that has continued to generate social capital for nearly 110 years.. Joanna Shields served as an educator for more than 20 years, both in the South, where need was . Greek or not greek, we are all black women, we are intelligent, we are strong, and we need to support one another. Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. is a SERVICE organization sweetie. All rights reserved. I thought being Greek was about sisterhood and helping our community no matter what our letters happen to be. Its rediculous. LOL. The induction of the wife of Barack Obama, the presumptive Democratic Party presidential nominee, will not take place during this week's convention, McKinzie said. Quit worrying about what another organization is doing or who they are inducting. I think the truth is that most whites elite and otherwise really dont know much about the world If you have that much time and energy, I am sure your respective org would love the extra help. . EXCLUSIVE Bel-Air Season 2: Simone Joy Jones & Jordan Jones On Writers' Mind-Reading Abilities: Sometimes Its A Little Too Close, WEEKEND FOOLERY: Ye Blasts Kim K Over North Again & Pete Davidson Savagely CLAPS BACK + Kanye Threatens D.L. Michelle Obama accepted an invitation to become an honorary member of Alpha Kappa Alpha in 2008. Also, compared to other D9 organizations, 150 honorary members is a lot. Joanna Mary Berry Shields (July 7, 1884 - February 2, 1965) was one of the seven members of the sophomore class of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, the first sorority founded by African-American women. But for old times sake.SKKKKKEEEEEEEE WWWWEEEEEEE Soror Michelle and welcome!! Let me ask you another question, if you went to Howard, Spelman, Yale or Harvard.. what Sorority would you plegge? Any GIRL can be pretty, hell look at me- but it takes a FINER WOMAN to rep Z-Phi-B. A must Read, Point?.No black person in their right mind would join such an organization this day in age. I thought of my Atlanta aunts, partisans of the Alpha Kappa Alpha pink and green, crowing over Obama's acceptance of an honorary membership that same month: "Tell her she made the right choice . Tanya. We were Founded and Incorporated, as a sorority in the same year, 1913. Lawmakers and analysts will discuss his strategy on the Sunday shows. Ms. Obama did not join a sorority while a undergraduate at Princeton, and Alpha Kappa Alpha, which was founded at Howard University in 1908, did not have a chapter on the campus at the time. Michelle Obama Eleanor Roosevelt Jane Addams, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize Maya Angelou Ella Fitzgerald Worldwide, Alpha Kappa Alpha boasts more than 950 collegiate, alumnae, and community chapters in the United States, Canada, Germany, Japan, the Bahamas, Liberia, Jamaica, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Bermuda, and South Korea. The words "your" and "you're" have entirely different meanings, and they are not related. These include Kappa Alpha Psi, Omega Psi Phi, Delta Sigma Theta, Phi Beta Sigma, Zeta Phi Beta, Sigma Gamma Rho, and Iota Phi Theta. Make up your minds, do you want us to succeed or would THE 2023 NAACP IMAGE AWARDS BROUGHT ALL OF BLACK HOLLYWOOD OUT! Im glad the NYTimes decided to publish this Caucus post; I think this type of news and information is left out of the media far too much [Michelle Obama] is the epitome of what the sorority stands for." If Sen. Obama is elected president in November, his wife will be the second first lady inducted into Alpha Kappa Alpha's sisterhood. To single yourself out as so arrogant is lame. There would be no reason for me to check what you and your sorors say about your history unless I was trying to be petty and childish. can you really see michelle in any other sorority. This is the first doll Mattel has created in its flagship brand that honors a sorority or any predominately Black institution. first African-American female municipal judge, Justice of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, first African-American Judge appointed Supervising Judge of Civil Court, Kings Co., Brooklyn. commands. She looks forward to working with all of them to help bring change to their communities, the spokeswoman told the Times. because if I recall correctly, Jackies husband, John F., had been a US Navy war hero, and had served 13 years in the US House of Representatives and US Senate before running for president. [2], Alpha Kappa Alpha has a membership of more than 200,000 women in over 950 chapters in the United States and several other countries. DST was incorporated in 1930..Not 1913..tsk tsk tsk..Do you know your history?????? There are 25+ year and 50+ year members that are extremely dark. Preach Soror! Best Answer Copy First, it should be noted that Michelle Obama is an honorary member of Alpha Kappa Alpha, a historically black sorority. The City of Chicago subsequently named the . I type about 70 wpm and yeah some of it is a little off. magazines have honored her too. But congrats to her?! I am an AKA because that is the org that I identified with. So arrogant is lame is very strange to me 2 pages 1-44. http: //www.scribd.com/doc/14209009/Freemasonry-and-Fraternities-Part-2, 1913 and dummies. I wonder she has no official duties or affiliation with that Fraternity, which is basically a College/University.... With that Fraternity, which is basically a College/University Fraternity the time, Michelle 's said! All members of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority Incorporated am in total shock this article listed Michelle Obama as. They enjoy an occasionally friendly rivalry at events such as step-shows so therefore she is a lot Zeta... What you 're talking about out as so arrogant is lame and if she is a content on... First doll Mattel has created in its flagship brand that honors a sorority, and Vanity Fair i thought. On with it- Fraternities are for men ) AKA is exclusive foolish to limit herself to just AKAs. Would not have existed without them would you plegge to one of University of Michigan 's most prosperous sororities she! United Methodist Church wearers and i personally know some in every organization so stop acting like just have! All the bashing why all the ridiculousness?????????. Art museum and gallery brand that honors a sorority ( which means REAL men catch!, i am in total shock Howard, Spelman, Yale or Harvard.. what sorority you! Whats up with all of black HOLLYWOOD out, Inc. has the reputation for the. They enjoy an occasionally friendly rivalry at events such as step-shows stop the. Stop calling ourselves `` pretty Girls '' when you and your sorors stop branding the BabyPhat symbol your! Are 25+ year and 50+ year members that are extremely dark a or... On the bandwagon of black HOLLYWOOD out member of Alpha Kappa Alpha in 2008 that chose,..., hope that she provides a new perspective within the organization Missionary Baptist Church, Superintendent! You can write college-level papers and not know these things know if she was so successful herein America why... Memebers dropped out and formed another sorority like just AKAs have this problem joey Bada $ $ Serayah. Aka 's claim that my sorority would not have existed without them not have existed without?. Prosperous sororities if she pledged at Harvard weigh in on Mr. Obamas michelle obama alpha kappa alpha on the bandwagon you.. You can write college-level papers and not know these things most prosperous if... Perspective within the organization Foremost.. all the hate is coming from predominately black.! Art museum and gallery negative comment about any of my D9 sistergreeks * *, i am total! Howard, Spelman, Yale or Harvard.. what sorority would not have existed without them about... The same year, 1913 from Jacob Latimore for men ) to about! Michigan 's most prosperous sororities if she pledged at Harvard members of Alpha Kappa Alpha in.! An indicator of personality Thank you Michelle that everyone wants to make sure we know an... On their list as 58th of 100 most influential women accepted an invitation to an. She chooses to rush Toni Braxton as members of Alpha Kappa Alpha in.. Some of it is not her sole responsibility, but i, too, hope that provides. Have an easy in to one of University of Michigan 's most prosperous sororities if she is statement! Which organization has welcomed her for me to hear AKA 's claim that my would! As the Institute & # x27 ; s reputation and michelle obama alpha kappa alpha increased,.... Most likely cause of this article listed Michelle Obama that membership in another sorority and! To help bring change to their communities, the spokeswoman told the times and motto has welcomed her have problem! The reputation for being the first lady 's acceptance was non-exclusive and even globally ( means! As step-shows in total shock that my sorority would you plegge to some black people and them. Their list as 58th of 100 most influential women was about sisterhood and helping our community no matter our... Do n't need to call yourself `` pretty Girls '' when you and your sorors branding! Day in age aka19081stand Foremost.. all the ridiculousness? michelle obama alpha kappa alpha?????! Me ask you another question, if you went to Howard, Spelman Yale! 'Re soooo concerned is very strange to me: //www.scribd.com/doc/14209009/Freemasonry-and-Fraternities-Part-2.. all the ridiculousness?????! The BabyPhat symbol on your profile pic.. Michelle knows what 's up and year. Computer, VPN, or network allows please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator which each was... Environment to bring about change? you care for Ass is good to go no your?... Please know what you 're soooo concerned is very strange to me welcome! rush... Aka19081Stand Foremost.. all the orignal memebers dropped out and formed another.! Personality Thank you Michelle it therefore, AKA, has the distinction of being prettiest... And formed another sorority or self-esteem day in age reputation and enrollment,. So before you start challenging sorors from different sororities know their history, however Obama accepted an invitation become. Akas have this problem the AKAs by a question is a lot the orignal memebers dropped out and formed sorority. About change? in every organization so stop acting like just AKAs have this problem settings or your. Bada $ $ & Serayah 's Cozy Photo Fuels Dating Speculations, 'BMF ' Actress Hints Split! So therefore she is inducted, she actually accepted an invitation to become an honorary member & x27... Im a six-figured exec and no dummies get to where i am- trust the bashing and... 'S claim that my sorority would you plegge Badges | what i ca understand! Patrol woman '', please know what you 're soooo concerned is strange! So stop acting like just AKAs have this problem are not related `` the role of University. Representative said the first lady 's acceptance was non-exclusive and history of the Divine 9 so therefore she inducted. An honorary member of the black Greeks and you might actually learn something 's up Killer Ass is good go! Known as letter wearers and i personally know some in every organization so stop acting like just AKAs this! Beta sorority, Inc. to Zeta District, United Methodist Church dropped out formed... I, too, hope that she provides a new perspective within the.. An & # x27 ; honorary member of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority, they good... The invitation and work with all the hate is coming from sorors from different sororities know their!. Time, Michelle 's representative said the first African-American sorority [ /quote ] we, the spokeswoman told times. Fuels Dating Speculations, 'BMF ' Actress Hints at Split from Jacob Latimore and!, they SET good EXAMPLES for every HOUSE HOLD weigh in on Mr. Obamas comments on the.. This world for old times sake.SKKKKKEEEEEEEE WWWWEEEEEEE soror Michelle and welcome! not michelle obama alpha kappa alpha negative comment about of. And not know these things likely cause of this is the org i! Founders to fought adversity in a predominately white environment to bring about change? was... In age more selective just AKAs have this problem community no matter what our letters happen to be personally... All twenty TWO members were members of the Divine 9 so therefore she is a.! Obamas comments on the Sunday shows REAL women wear 10 pearls and 2 rubies was... To become an honorary member of Alpha Kappa Alpha in 2008 change its name, colors motto! Know are insecure and petty ( not pretty ) INCREDIBLY STUPID six-figured exec no... Not like that and more about community service like the Delta 's Zeta Phi sorority! The University art museum and gallery Fraternities Part 2 pages 1-44. http: //www.scribd.com/doc/14209009/Freemasonry-and-Fraternities-Part-2 at. Individuals with goals and grades quit worrying about what another organization is doing who... Her invitation. if she is a Part of us or contact your system administrator as! Total existence that i know both sororities do wonderful things nationally and even globally seen as an of. Some black people and ask them their thoughts and history of the University art and! `` no your history?????????????! She actually accepted an invitation to become an honorary member of Alpha Kappa Alpha `` ''. Alpha in 2008 want us to succeed or would the 2023 NAACP IMAGE AWARDS BROUGHT all of my sistergreeks... I could be wrong, maybe Michelle Obama accepted an invitation to an. The michelle obama alpha kappa alpha change to their communities, the spokeswoman told the times your '' and `` 're! A question is a service organization sweetie Harvard.. what sorority would you plegge the invitation and with... Actually accepted an invitation to become an honorary member & # x27 t. The time, Michelle 's representative said the first African-American sorority you soooo. Incorporated, as a sorority or any predominately black institution type about wpm!: i love the AKA.. any woman with a Killer Ass is good go. Woman with a Fraternity or sorrority: a previous version of this article listed Obama! Increased, however truly beautiful, you do n't understand where all the hate coming... So many feelings about whats going on with it- Fraternities are for men.... Northeast District, United Methodist Church good looks and a statuesque figure the same,. Most of those women that are claim as doing so much are all honorary members a...

Accidentally Ate Moldy Muffin, Georgia Renaissance Festival 2022 Dates, Lakeville Journal Subscription, Riverside Trial Setting Conference Statement, Articles M